Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Birthday Cards

In Hallmark, I find a lot of cards that make me laugh and of course, I laugh out loud and people say something or look at me strangely. That's okay I am having my own little party. 

I always get a few cards for The Big Guy, both funny and nice.
But this card was so spot on I had to get it.
Not only accurate, it is also something I say to him all the time.
Because he is a 12-year-old trapped in a 63-year-olds body.

Here is the front of one of the cards I got him for his birthday.


 Here is the inside of the card.


It was as though I wrote the damn card.
Hallmark owes me money!

12 comments:

Misadventures of Widowhood said...

Here, to never growing up!

Cruisin Paul said...

Cute, very cute. I told my friend the other day that I had a very youthful brain but the rest of me felt very old. Oh well, that's life.
Peg, I make my own Hallmark cards. I love sending them to my friends and they tell me that they really love the personal touch. See ya.

Cruisin Paul

PS: When I was 12 I always had a dream about touching a boob. LOL

Linda d said...

Whahahaha! I like it.

The Boy Scout is 60 going on 14 too. I may have to trot over to find that one.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Paul, oh haven't you all?

Linda, it applies to all men right? :-) But at least yours is 14. ...tee hee

Mike said...

Growing up? What's the point?!

Olga said...

How do they come up with just the perfect card? I once found my husband giggling hysterically in the card aisle -- "I wanted to get you something useful for the kitchen" . . . "But you already own a smoke detecter." Haha. I was not nearly as amused as he seemed to be.

Ami said...

My favorite birthday card ever was one I got that said, "Good news, I bought you a lottery ticket for your birthday and you won ten million dollars. Bad news, I'm going to pay you a dollar a year for the next ten million years."

I don't know why that one struck me funny.

Also, I don't know anyone who doesn't either make fart jokes or laugh at them. I'm pretty sure I was a 12 year old boy in my past life. Because I do both.

Toni said...

The best card ever! Still giggling.

Really wish as they grew older they would add to their list of wishes, "touch the other boob!"

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Olga - that's a good one!!!

Ami- I don't appreciate the fart joke so you and the guys are in that group. :-)

Toni - oh you don't have to tell him that trust me.

Barbara said...

When I worked downtown that used to be one of my go-to outings when I needed a pick me up. My friend and I would go and look at cards and laugh like fools. Sometimes we bought some, sometimes we just looked. Great times.

LL Cool Joe said...

So the card isn't designed for gay men then? :D

RO said...

I am a serious card fanatic, and literally have hundreds of them stored at home. I have a strange sense of humor and have picked up funny divorce cards and x-rated cards just to have. My son is 33 and has no pets, but one year I mailed him a birthday card from a cat, which I don't think he truly appreciated. (lol) Every time a store closes, I'm there to pick up cards for $10 cents, or even to get the bags they say are ready for the dumpster. I try to think of reasons just to mail cards to people. So I can truly appreciate your humor, and the coolness of finding this perfect card for hubby. (lol) Hugs...RO