We received an email from an attorney research analyst from NYC/Wall Street address. I thought the whole thing was bogus so deleted it.
Then they wrote one more time asking to not delete, this was real and gave Rick a number to call. Then they called the office to speak to Rick and gave me a number to have him call. I was beginning to think this may be real but since I am suspect of everyone these days I wasn't 100% sure just yet.
Rick, of course, called it. I am not sure if I would have except for curiosity. Yes, I am the suspicious one. I no longer trust anyone, and I know that is sad really. But Rick always does even if it has bitten him in the ass many times. He googled them and said, "See they exist" as though no one has ever made a fake website to bamboozle people.
They want to speak to Rick as an expert in the field. His concern was that this was against someone in our area. He wouldn't do that. They told him it wasn't against a person or company like ours. This case is with a major hotel chain vs a customer. They discussed the things they would talk about. They asked for a price Rick would like to do this. He gave them the most outlandish prices. So much for 1st discussion, so much for the trial etc.
They called back and wrote an email a week later saying all the monies were approved. We laughed. If they approved those monies I wish he has asked for more then. Crazy ass number Rick threw at them. Ah, lawyers.
Yesterday they asked for a time to speak with Rick on Monday with the attorney to go over everything and to see if this will move forward.
It is an odd case of a woman who fell in a hotel bathtub.
Been there done that. I never thought to sue and I broke my nose.
Silly me.
But in 1984 we weren't so litigious were we?
I read the case information and honestly, the hotel is not at fault, the employee who said what he said was out of line and I would imagine fired. The person staying at the hotel sounded like a pain the ass and her actions don't match her words. I can't get into details just yet but I will when this is over.
I think it will be interesting to see how this plays out.
I now hope it goes the full route because that extra money would sure be nice.
Rick laughed when I said something about this nice little bit of money.
He went on to say that since I wouldn't have responded 'oh negative nelly', I don't get to share the windfall.
Yes, that's how it works Rick, you bring money in the house and I don't get any part of it.
Silly, silly man.
8 comments:
Was this a sham Peggy? I'm like you, suspect but I almost got into a mess. Thank God my computer whiz checked and told me that it was sham. The key thing was that they wanted $500 American and I said I'm Canadian and they said OK, $500 Can. My friend told me if I had paid the money they would have continued the sham keep doing it. It appeared so real until I checked their address. It was in Las Vegas and there wasn't any place but a plaza. That's why now when I get something, even something real, I get scared. I'm so very fearful of just about everything now.
Oh well Peggy, have a wonderful Friday. See ya.
Cruisin Paul
Did they want Rick as an expert witness, am I understanding this right? People sue over the damnest things. You're right to view everything with a cynical eye until proven otherwise. Can't wait to hear the next installment.
Jean, yes as an expert witness.
Paul, We will see, but I am begining to believe this is real.
I'm like you I'd have deleted and never known there could be money in store.
I am pretty quick to delete. I suppose I delete some legitimate stuff, but I am pretty sure no one has contacted me as an expert witness for anything so I won't worry about it. You get more than half because you are just ding the gatekeeper job and that's a responsibility not to be taken lightly!
Thanks Olga! I'm sharing that info with Rick. :-) Like he'd ever get away with not sharing. HA HA HA HA
Make sure it's not a scammer that found a real case and is trying to ..... scam you. No money out of your pocket, ever!
Call the court it's being tried in.
I delete most thing too. I'm like if it's important they will send a letter. Apparently that doesn't work well when they mess up our address.
Post a Comment