Speaking of airlines.
I'm sure you've seen the crazy shit with Sun Airlines.
If not, Sun Airlines is a low fare carrier based in Minneapolis St Paul.
They flew people with round trip tickets to Mexico but they couldn't get back to MSP due to blizzard conditions on the return.
Since this was the end of the "season" for this route they told the passengers they would have to get their own way home.
250 people stranded in Mexico having to find their own way home.
That was this morning. I saw a couple on the news that bought a ticket for over $2K to get to Chicago and then they were going to rent a car to drive home to Minneapolis. Nothing like getting stranded in a foreign land right?
But I guess this got our congress folks riled up because heads are spinning around here. It's been all over the TV this afternoon.
The latest I heard was they would refund them for the last leg of the trip. But c'mon. This is a low-cost carrier. They bought this as a round trip ticket. Making it lower again. Now they have to walk up to a ticket counter and buy a one-way ticket at the last minute which is extremely expensive. And if they can't get out for a day or two there is the whole overnight accommodations cost as well as if you are boarding your dog at home, someone staying with your kids, house whatever. All the other expenses that can add up. Oh heads better fly!
And speaking of that things flying...
Sadly 1 person died today on Southwest airlines.
A woman sitting in the window seat was partially sucked out of a window when the window exploded due to the engine catching fire.
Someone interviewed that was on the plane said she has partially sucked out the window but they all pulled her back into the cabin.
Medical personnel on the plane immediately went to work on her with CPR etc.
I don't know if she was the person who died or not. No matter it is all so sad and scary.
The plane went into decent, passengers panicked and some cried as you might imagine, masks fell down and the cabin filled with smoke. The engine blowing caused loss of cabin pressure it was stated.
Now during all of this, would you think to take pictures if you were a passenger?
I saw the photos from someone's phone and just thought, how do you think of that when you are plummetting to earth and a window is gone on an airplane and the engine is on fire and people are hurt? Dear Lord that is the last thing I would be thinking about.
Great job on the pilots part landing that plane!
Then around my lunch, I saw that a Delta flight from LaGuardia to Richmond VA made an emergency stop here in my backyard at Dulles Int'l Airport. Apparently, the landing gear was the issue. The folks on the plane were met by fire and rescue and taken to the terminal. Then they were all moved to a bus to drive them to Richmond from the airport.
Hopefully, now that it's been 3 incidents we are done.
Don't they say it happens in 3's?
I'm thankfully not flying for a while.
9 comments:
I'm glad I flew when I was younger because there is no way I'd do it today. Everything has changed---the size of seats, the food, the service and the safety, I'm guessing.
Blimey I'm pleased I'm not going on a plane for a little while. Being sucked out the widow sounds pretty scary!
window not widow! Ha.
My wife is worried now since soon we'll be arranging our flight tickets to Fort Lauderdale for our cruise in January. The problems I usually have are the prices and once the tickets are paid for, they constantly change my seats.
We fly out of Detroit during the winter where there might be snow, a lot of snow. I tried to arrange a flight a day before but the cost of a hotel the before was just to expensive. Oh well, as long as I'm on that ship for the cruise. See ya Peggy.
Cruiain Paul
Jennifer Riordan was the gal partially sucked out of the plane then died. Apparently she was hit by the debris that hit the window.
Paul, well January is a long way off so you're going to be landlocked for a bit. But summer is coming, I hope.😎 Cruising would be my very last choice ever, not a fan, but sure glad you love them. Enjoy!!
Hey! Thanks for this post as I am getting ready to fly back north. I am sure hoping the rule of three applies.
Olga, hey that pilot was awesome that brought down that Southwest flight. Now pick an aisle seat and enjoy your flight! You'll be fine. :-)
That Southwest one is pretty terrifying. It was the woman who got sucked out that died. Assuming it did something to her brain? IDK.
Post a Comment