Friday, December 8, 2017

Coo-Coo-Coo

My sister text me to tell me that she met a man who was named  Coo-Coo-Coo.
I laughed and passed my phone to Rick to see her text. 
He got a big laugh out of it as well. Only she, Rick and I would get that. Funny since my sister never communicates with me and she sends me this of all things.

Here is the song from like 1977 or 1978 I'm guessing.
I loved this band back in the day. Me being the oldest, I had my own apartment before my sisters. This sister would come to visit just to get out of the house and she would hear my music all the time on the stereo. Ah, remember stereos? Those big speakers that stood almost as tall as me. Anyhoo, my sister grew to love the song after she realized what they were saying. 

Listen to the funny words to this song and you'll see why this man was named Coo-coo-coo. (yes it sounds like the 70's but it was the 70's and it is only 1 song to deal with)





7 comments:

Olga said...

I don't think I ever heard that song or that band. But I get it after listening.

April said...

Never heard of them!!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

April - of course not you're too young.

Mike said...

Never heard of them either. I'm probably too young too.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Yea Mike, I'm sure that's it. :-)

Anonymous said...

Sawe the title and I immediately thought of The Good Rats. Saw them here in Rottenchester once years back.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Brian - then you're as old as dirt too. :-) The song makes me laugh every time. I love Peppi's voice. He has passed now. :-(