Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Betty

Remember Betty? Ah, that big fat mass behind my retina in my right eye?
Yea she's still there. She's an annoying bitch too.

Saw my specialist today. I brought Rick alone with me this time.
I knew there would be drops in my eye and driving home from the doctor's office with blurry eyes really isn't a good thing to do.

Betty has not changed in size. So I guess I have to live with this.
All tests have proven negative. They don't know if I had a tumor and it burst on its own and this is the remnants of it. Or it is scar tissue. I said, "wouldn't I have had to hurt my eye to have scar tissue?" Yes, and I have not. I realize I have a bad memory but seriously I think I'd remember that. The edges are the same which apparently is very good.

So there ya go. I have a mass in my eye that causes me grief and pain and I have to live with it. If I lived 15 miles closer to the city I could get some medicinal marijuana but in VA can't do that. So I can't even get anything good out of this. Hey, a girl can dream can't she?
All I am able to get thus far is the pain, discomfort, and no longer 20/20 eyesight. Yeah.

I think I'd be better if they knew what it was. I think I need the closure you know?  I have spent a lot of money on a lot of tests and they say I'm fine otherwise so I have to learn how to deal with no closure and a nice neat answer. As my husband said to my Doctor, you don't know her. She likes everything tidy in her life. this doesn't fit in a box so she is going crazy. They laughed and talked as though I wasn't in the room until I said, "Hey I'm sitting right here and I hear you!"  They laughed. Yes, I am a bit anal retentive I admit. I do like things in a row and neat. This isn't neat and aside from that fact, I worry that they are missing something. 

I will now just do quarterly follow-ups to be sure that Betty doesn't grow.
After a year of that, I am certain she will tell me that I don't have to go back except annually.  I'm sure next will be cataracts so I do have all this fun to look forward to as I age. 😕

7 comments:

Mike said...

I think I saw a movie about this once. The Thing that Crawled out of My Eye.

alessandra said...

I'm not anal but well I would like to know what it is too. Betty go away please!

Julie H said...

sigh. That's just annoying. I hate when there are no answers.

It's.a.crazy.world said...

What a drag. The good news is cancelled out by the bad......I hope you eventually get an answer! It would drive me crazy too.

Olga said...

A friend of mine has something similar in her right eye. They don't seem to be able to find any cause or really tell her what it is, but she is teated with some kind of shot into her eyeball. I take her to the appointments and, honestly, I want heavy sedation (or at least some medical marijuana) just to wait in the waiting room while she gets this done.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Olga, after all the steroids I have been on the last resort was a steroid shot in my eye. But the steroids only made me vomit and gain weight, but damn Betty didn't budge. So they felt the shot wouldn't work. Is it working for her? I would want heavy sedation with a shot in the eye as well. I mean, I can see the needle coming at me it would be hard to not move, not counting the pain. And any excuse for some medical marijuana would be welcome. :-)

Barbara said...

I don't blame you for wanting a more definitive answer. I would too but your right when it comes to our bodies we don't always get the kind of explanations and fixes we want. My fingers are crossed that it will become less irritating and painful as time goes on.