Thursday, December 7, 2017

Throw Back Thursday

In October of 2007 I wrote about a couple of my blonde moments.
My sister Jennifer and I are always the ones who are asked if we dye our hair brown because we two have some blonde moments. So here is a flashback post for this Thursday.
___________________
It was October in 1998 and we had just moved back east and were renting a townhome in Maryland until we figured out where we wanted to live. We had company coming to visit us from the west coast and were so excited to see them.

Our rental townhouse had a very long staircase up to our front door.

There was an olive bush at the end of the staircase right by the garage door and driveway.

Our friends had arrived from the airport and they parked their rental car in our driveway. Rick went down to help them with their luggage. As Rick was doing this I stood at the top of the steps. I got a heavy whiff of the very fragrant aroma coming from the olive bush. It is such a sweet beautiful smell, almost like a perfume. My friends had just reached the bottom of the steps by this olive bush and I asked, "Rusty can you smell my bush from there?"

At which time he and his wife began to howel and he replied, "Oh Margaret not now, I am standing here with my lovely bride."
Now everyone was laughing but me. I hadn't realized what I had said and how that sounded. Now it cracks me up. It took me a minute after which  time Rick said, "she dyes her hair brown.Rusty, you know that" 
Yep, a blonde moment for sure.

The next blonde moment of mine made me laugh when it happened. 

Hey, it's good to laugh at oneself.
I was driving my little convertible down the street. It is what my family calls a Peggy day, 70's and sunny. The day before my husband said he was going to clean the car and do the windows for me. You see I struggle with the windows for some reason and he can clean them and make them streak free whereas I can't seem to ever get them perfectly streak free. 

I was enjoying the sunny day with the top down and singing to the radio.

I looked in my rearview mirror and thought to myself, "wow he really must teach me how he gets these window so streak free!"

I go a bit further and I look in my rearview mirror again because seriously I just can't get over what a clear window I am looking through. I get to a stop sign and again I just can't stop looking in my rearview mirror at my very clear back window. Then I suddenly realize that I have the top down and there is no friggin' window right now.  I laughed out loud at my stupidity and a woman crossing the street with her dog heard me laugh and looked at me like I was crazy. Ah Hell, I was.


To make matters worse I told Rick when I got home because I thought it was so funny. But you all know he used that against me. I told him I do these things on purpose so he has something to bust my chops about because otherwise, I'm perfect. 

Yeah, he wasn't buying that either. 

3 comments:

Misadventures of Widowhood said...

Thanks for starting my day with laughter.

Mike said...

When you come though St. Louis sometime, bring your bush with you so I can get a whiff.

Julie H said...

haha, I did a mini panic the other day that I lost my phone that I was just using.