This was a very long work week considering we had Monday off.
But the good news is that the weather is nice, it's dry today with blue skies and cooler temps and lower humidity. All a gal can ask for.
I was reading the list of the top 10 Rosè's for summer.
The number one wine was a wine that was only $8. Hmmm.....
I may have to do my own research for Peg's summer "water"
I do like to have a lighter wine in summer when the weather gets hot.
A gals must have her options.
I saw this online and thought it would be funny to tell Gary this is his new uniform. But instead I sent it to Rick. He said if he had to wear this I had to be topless. So we called a truce. I mean I didn't want my boobs hitting the keyboard while I am typing. 😀

There is a very nice retired man who keeps calling me because he is lonely. Rick said he was a few years older than us. He finds things to ask about that are close to what we do but not quite. We did do some work for him a couple of weeks ago because he is selling his home due to his wife's illness. He told the guys that he loved me and I was so sweet. Poor ole thing. His wife has dementia and I think he is just lonely and I am nice to him so he finds a reason to call. I feel badly for him.. Today I got an email asking me if I knew how to get these rust stains out of his toilet. I thought, oh my goodness this man has run out of things to ask me.
I am glad he doesn't live near me or he'd be over all the time. I don't mind his emails I always write back and chat. I hope someone is nice to me if I were in that situation.
I leave you with my dream of living right here.
9 comments:
Yikes, had to minimize my screen at work. LOL LOL
I hope Ricks got a better ass than that. I know I do. I'll send you a picture, OK?
Silver, sorry.
Mike I'm waiting....
I am certainly glad you included that beach to kind of cancel out the butt.
I had this retired guy for whom we did some work, he kept coming at the office and chat, until conversations turned "weird", just saying, be prepared ;)
That would be quite a "uniform." LOL
I'm glad the old guy found a friendly person to talk to. Like you said, someday someone might return the favor to you and/or Rick.
Oh my.
And my grandfather was so, so lonely after my grandmother's diagnosis and the next many years she spent in a care home. He treasured the people who were kind to him and took the time to have conversations with him. He's been gone many years now, but I have always remembered how nice some people were to him.
So thank you.
That's most of my old neighbors lol. Then everyone thinks the old men are hitting on the women. They're just lonely and want someone to talk to.
Julie, Oh I know it is quite obvious that is why I always email him back or call him back. I'm sure someone day I will be lonely like that too.
Post a Comment