Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Little Dicks

I follow my nieces on twitter and I sometimes see the funniest damn things.
Apparently last evening my 20-year-old niece was wearing an Adidas baseball cap. 
My mom, her grandmother, said to her, "Hey I like your nice marijuana cap."
Of course she told my mom it was the logo for Adidas but apparently, my mom thought that my niece was trying to fool her.  It looked like this.

This made me laugh when I read it this morning that my coffee came out of my mouth. It sounds exactly like something my stepmom would say thinking she was being hip and not being fooled. God love her she has been years of amusement for us all.   Now if only she could learn how to turn on the computer and use email. Or for that matter wish to learn how to do those things. That is a big difference.

I meant to tell you about this young man who pumps gas down at the lake. He is in college and for the last couple of years he has been working summers and weekends at this one marina we go to most often. He always makes a fuss over Izzy and is just a nice kid. When we were there in May he came up to the boat and said, "Izzy's back!" The fact that he remembers her name year after year with all the people and dogs that are there is amazing. This is his last summer he said and then he graduates and hopefully will have a "real" job.

I mentioned in my blog post about there being a poker run on the lake. That makes those huge cigarette boats out there on the water which we hate. Or as Rick says as they barrel by - "Ah, a little dick"  Makes me laugh every time that he says that. Apparently, those guys showing off have to overcompensate somewhere in Rick's mind. But back to my cute little gas pumper....

Rick made a comment about all the cigarette boats to the kid pumping gas. The young man said the last guy in here said to me, "The insurance on this thing is more than my insurance on my wife's Mercedes and my Porsche put together."  
He says to Rick, "Man, I'm pumping gas for the summer making $10/hr. I just can't relate and honestly, why do I care?"
Rick laughed and told him his theory. The kid belly laughed and said, "Oh thank you I needed that.  The idiot spent $650 in gas. I could pay for a semester of bills with that."  Before we were off he thanked us and shook Rick's hand and muttered, 'little dick, boy do I like that.' and he gave Izzy a pat and off we went.

And lastly, why is it that some people just seem to live a perfectly charmed life?
Take George Clooney for instance. 
Gorgeous. Extremely Wealthy. Homes around the world. Happily Married. 
Has 2 babies at once, a boy AND a girl. Does this man do anything wrong? 
Okay I found one flaw, he's short. He's under 6'. 
Whew, that made me feel better. 😃

8 comments:

Misadventures of Widowhood said...

George could always wear lifts in his shoes, so that's not a deal breaker for me. LOL

I'm surprised you actually found a place where someone pumps gas these days, even on a lake. There's a gas pump shoreline on my nieces lake and that one is self-serve with a credit card and if you want to pay cash, you're out of luck.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Jean, I just like 'em tall and big. No girly pretty boys for me like Brad Pitt. :-) As for the gas, all of the marinas except one have young girls or guys there to pump the gas. The one that doesn't, is more of a convenience store and has real high gas prices so we don't often even go there. I guess we are lucky then.

Mike said...

I guess I'm becoming flawed as I get older. I've been 6'1" my whole life. (Yes I was born that way!) So I'm at the doctor last year and the nurse goes 'let's measure you'. She says 72 inches. Some quick calculations went on in my head. I said NO. 73 inches. She said lets check again. Nope. 72. Bummer.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Mike, you crack me up. "getting flawed"
Yes, Rick just went from 6'2 to 6'1 and I went from 5'2 to 5'1. We both appear to be widening but not lengthening.

Silver in AZ said...

well, at 5 ft. 2 in. and shrinking, no such thing as a man too short for me. Certainly not Mr. Clooney. LOL

Julie H said...

I saw him at Disneyland. He is short! I'd still hop on though ;)

Did you see the commercial with Clooney? I was like why is he doing a stupid commercial? It was for coffee I think. I told Scott I would think that would be beneath him.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Yes Julie, it is with Andy Garcia. I love Andy Garcia as well as George so I am aware of the commercial. It's for a coffee maker.(Nespresso)
Ah, work and money isn't beneath anyone. :-)

Anonymous said...

6'1" and not shrinking (yet). Staring 60 in the face, I know it's coming.

This whole "short dick" thing actually reminds me of the movie Shrek when they first see that miniature dudes castle and Shrek says: "Hmmm, must be compensating for something"

Oh - and George? His voice can get a little nasally at times. And what's he doing having kids at his age? I have grandkids older than his kids already!