Tomorrow is the day we find out when and where Rick gets his heart "restarted"
Or as he is now referring to it as his, "Nap and Zap"
If this does work I hope that it gives him his energy back. Boy, he has no energy.
I am having a very difficult time with all of this. Watching him is killing me.
His knee was given a cortisone shot prior to the MRI. It just made his knee mad.
It swelled up so much he couldn't put on his jeans. His knee was a site to see, red, 6 times its size and hot. The doctor was convinced it was a torn meniscus.
After the MRI we learned it was not a torn meniscus. It was the tendon behind his knee that is non existent. If the 2nd cortisone didn't give him relief, which the dr. seemed to think it would for a few years, he would have to have a partial knee replacement.
It's been 4 days. It looks better, he can put his leg in his jeans and he can walk for the first time in a very long time. But it's not 100%. I fear the surgery will be sooner than this doctor thinks.
Add to this stress the fact that a company owes us over $43K and aren't paying and we are stressed beyond belief. I hate waiting for my money. I hate that I have bills to pay and employees and I want my money it's been over 60 days. It's getting scary. We are a little business.
So stress is my life right now. I am feeling overwhelmed most days.
I am not sleeping well and my poor dog won't leave Rick's side.
Due to his pain he has slept many a night in his recliner. Izzy sleeps at his feet at the recliner.
If he is in bed, she is on top of him in bed. She doesn't sleep in our bed normally.
If he gets up to go to the bathroom, she follows him. It's funny, but sad.
But something got to her last night.
I awoke to vomit on my nice wool rug in the dining room and by the back door on the carpet as the majority of her gift to me.
God love her, I can see that she tried to get outside but since she doesn't have thumbs she couldn't turn the door knob to get outside, she was close and just vomited right at the door.
I think the stress of her big man being down is getting to her too.
8 comments:
sigh.
and be careful with that cortisone shit.
i know a woman who had a knee blown BY THE CORTISONE SHOT.
43K? Time to start tacking on some late fees.
Oh no I'm so sorry you are both going through such a tough time. I really hope things improve soon, especially Rick's health!
Mike - almost 44Kif I am being exact! As you know we are very small business - this is killing me. This morning this promised it would be through their system this week and I'd have a check next week. I'm not holding my breath.
LL - Thank you Cool Joe!!
Gosh, I'm sorry this is so tough - on all of you. I think dogs do get upset to. I think my daughter has that same thing behind the knee. She has a lot of pain and has to hobble most often. She is putting off the surgery as long as possible. I'm sorry all of this and the money situation is all hitting you at once. I can hear you gritting your teeth and I'm sure if I could see you your fists would be clinched. Poor girl. Hold on just a little longer.
Thanks Barbara! ((hugs))
whew that's a lot of money! I hope they come through for you.
I hope Rick is feeling better and back to work sooner than later.
Julie, indeed it is. We are a very small company. this is a big deal. aargh!!
He is walking better every day and as soon as he gets his heart "zapped" I think he will be fine and the worst is over. (from my mouth to God's ears)
Post a Comment