Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Helpful Tip of The Day

Think I got lost?
Yeah, I'm  thinking about it. But before I walk away I thought I'd share a few more tid bits of my life.

Gary called me after he left a job today. He was doing just a small  repair for a contractor.
The contractor called to say that he dropped a tile and took a chunk out of the customers bathtub. We had to repair that "chunk".  Easy Peasy and flawless.

The woman walked Gary up to the bathtub and showed him the chip. 
She then left the room.  In her bathtub was the woman's douche. She came back to inspect his work and didn't appear to be embarrassed or concerned. I would have been mortified and it would have shown. If she did care, she was good at hiding her embarrassment.

Gary called me to share this story with me and he said it like this - The woman left a deuce in the tub. I gasped and said, "she pooped in the tub?"   Now Gary is really laughing and said, "NO, A DOUCHE." 
Okay, either way it's gross that she showed you the tub chip and left it there.  Who does that? But boy we had a good laugh.

It got me thinking about what I would do in that situation. 
Do you grab it and say excuse me and put it away? Do you pretend you don't see it and pray he doesn't either because you are so embarrassed? Do you see it, panic, ask that he leave the room for a moment and grab it and throw it under the sink?  He may think you are using the toilet. Who knows what I would do. But man it made me laugh listening to Gary. (for that matter who uses those old fashion douches?)

This morning we had a contractor come to our home to give us an estimate for our bedroom remodel. All we needed was someone to do the crown molding. So I actually made my bed.  
I mean the bedroom is  70% finished so I wasn't going to not make the bed. I even vacuumed the carpet and dusted last night. Rick was laughing at me and said, "he's not even going to notice."  I said, "yeah, and what do you and Gary and William tell me all the time?"
He laughed and said,"dust away my dear"

So what happens when hubby and contractor begin talking? They begin talking shop about people's homes, the people, the crazy shit. Rick shared a new one that happened this past week. The man had a toilet with poo all over the seat. Of course, this was the bathroom Rick was working in. No, Rick wouldn't use his toilet for anything. They were sharing stories. So, of course, they see things. 
Just remember that the next time a contractor is coming to your home. 
If you don't want it seen, put it away!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've heard of contractors running across a clients "battery operated boyfriend" from time to time. You'd think that might get cleaned & stashed after a workout. Guess not.

Also thought I read where douching is actually not good for the lady bits. I don't own any lady bits so I can't really say for sure . . .

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Brian - you are correct about it not being good! never should use them.
And see the post before this one - it is exactly about the friend that should be kept in the drawer by the bed. (flashbacks)

Julie H said...

omg lol. I would have pretended I didn't see it there. Obviously it was too late to do anything about it lol. I find kids these days are super open about that kind of stuff. My oldest didn't even think anything of talking about being on her period with her boyfriend around. I would have died back in the young days.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Jules, I would have talked about my period with my high school boyfriend but everyone has different comfort levels.I get that.. this woman was over 40 according to Gary, so not real young. Still funny though.

Mike said...

Maybe it was an offer for little Gary to play.

Carma Sez said...

OMG. These are some good stories. I honestly wouldn't know what a douche even looks like so Gary is on top of things!! Didn't realize anyone actually used them.

April said...

You better not be walking away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Mike - maybe you're right. He wasn't impressed.

Carma - I know what you mean - who uses those? Bad for you anyway.

April - sorry, may be....

April said...

Then if you do - you are required to send me email updates!

LL Cool Joe said...

I don't even know what a douche is. God I'm embarrassed.

Barbara said...

LOL. I doubt anyone can beat that story. But I'll certainly be careful in the future.