Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Flying

I mentioned to you that while on vacation at our rental home the beds were horrific.
The springs were shot in the two queen beds and were most uncomfortable.
But worse than that was any movement of any kind made the other person go flying.

Rick has developed this twitchy shit that drives me crazy. He will fall asleep with his hand on me or arm over me and then he starts a twitch. I will wake up and then move his hand. Once he had his hand resting on my head - how? why? who the hell knows. But apparently he was fishing and as he pulled at his fishing rod to snag the fish he was actually pulling my hair. Oh, sleeping with him is an adventure.

The other night he kept moving. I turned to see what he was doing as I said, "for the love of God what are you doing over there?"  He laughs and he said he was only reaching for his eye glasses on the nightstand.The next thing I know he turns around and as he does this I went flying off the bed. Yes, flying.  I landed on the floor and he ran to that side of the bed laughing and yet I could see he was afraid I might be hurt. I too was laughing as I was saying, OW!

Those beds were awful. The homeowners/property service wrote to us today and asked for a review. I think I'll wait until I get my security deposit back before I do that.

6 comments:

Julie H said...

I swear Scott and I never even touch when we are sleeping. I have to open my eyes to check if he is there sometimes lol.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Julie - normally that is how it is at our home. We have a kind size tempur pedic - feel nothing - unless we want to. :-)
Sadly these were lumpy bumpy double beds. They said Queen but we really didn't think these were big enough to be queens.

Barbara said...

Too funny. Nearly peed in my pants. Glad you weren't hut.

Mike said...

Don't mention the mattress. You may get charged an amusement park fee.

Ms. A said...

Yeah, I'd wait, too, although you deserve money back for your discomfort. Doubt it works that way though.

Carma Sez said...

You must have good backs to have survived that. Andy often brings his own inflatable mattress when we travel so his back doesn't get worse on crappy hotel mattresses.