We've been having a ton of fun over here in Straight Up No Chaser Land.
Our fridge has decided over this past year to freeze everything in the crispers and deli drawer no matter how low you have it. The same with the back of the fridge on the shelves.
As common sense would dictate, we lowered everything as much as possible. The fridge needs to be cold for heaven's sake so it can only be lowered so much and still keep our food cold.
The freezer stopped producing ice as well.
Now we have a home warranty and this falls under that warranty. That means to have these things fixed/looked at is a service call of $75. If they deem it necessary to get new they pay for the new one.
We have had them out 4 times over the last 2 years to work on the just the freezer/ $75 a pop.
So we just gave up - can't be fixed but they won't get us a new one. We began buying bags of ice every week. We do love our ice but honestly buying ice is so stupid to me. As for the fridge we've had them out and they put in this part and that and then it works for awhile and then it begins to freeze again. I have come to so hate my fridge (amana) Everything in my house, including my fat ass, is falling apart. All things are 15 years old and just slowing going.
I've replaced the original stove and microwave and now this fridge and dishwasher are next.
We have looked at refrigerators over the last couple of years and then something else comes up and we will decide we can't do that at this time, you know like eating and a mortgage.
And like my vacuum I am not thrilled spending thousands of dollars for an appliance.
A vacation, yes. An appliance, well, it doesn't make me as happy. I mean have you priced a good fridge lately? My niece who just graduated from college with a master degree working as a psychologist isn't make that much money in a month! C'mon!!
On Black Friday my husband saw the fridge we liked on sale for $1,500 less than normal.
But we didn't have the extra because his needed all this work done on his work van and other assorted shitty things that life throws at you. Then a week later he said, "lets go inside and look at it again"
Okay let me touch it, feel it, see how it won't freeze all my food but yet is able to freeze water into cubes. Is that so much to ask for from my fridge really?
We walked into the store and low and behold it was right out front. The sales man came over and said he was about to change the price. He said LG is keeping the Black Friday price through the end of the year. We bit the bullet. We put money down and they said when the fridge is back in stock they will call us. I can't wait. I just bought 2 more bags of ice on Saturday. Saturday we had friends over and most of the ice is gone. Damn drinkers. So back to get more ice today...Gosh I won't miss that at all.
While we were there we saw a dishwasher that I had just read in consumer reports as being the best. It was $350 less on sale. So Merry Christmas to Rick and Peg, we got new appliances.
They won't be here until January sometime though.And that's another thing.When I spend this kind of money I want instant gratification. I don't want to give you all my money and then wait for the shiny new things to show up eventually.
I don't recall my parents getting new appliances every 15 years or did they?
That seems to be the life span of all things around my house of late.
I am dreaming of opening my deli drawer to soft cheese and not frozen cheese.
I want to open my freezer and have cubes of ice for my beverage.
Margaret's Christmas dream.
Saturday morning when I went online to see if a check had cleared that we had some concern over (customers check) I saw that someone had somehow gotten Ricks work debit card and took $1700 from our account. Great! Rick has the card on his person so how did this happen?It showed as an ATM withdrawl. How would they get his pin? He had not used this card for anything other than work supplies, home depot type stores and gas. He never ever uses an ATM. I immediately call the bank. There is nothing they can do for me until Tuesday. The charges are sitting in pending. They can't see the store, the city, etc where this took place just yet.
The people who did this are so much smarter than me because I don't get how they used an ATM without a pin. They charged it all in increments. $600, then $200 etc. ARGH!
We immediately closed out the card yet again. So tired of this. When we went to the bank they told us the same thing that they told me from the 800 number over the phone. But we filled out some paperwork. I asked why this happens to us. We are so careful. We are doing all things right per the bank. People just suck. They went on and on about how this happens all the time and this time of year is far worse. They told us that that day alone they had already had several bad checks and it will only get worse the closer it gets to the holiday.
I hope whomever did this buys something that breaks immediately or is stolen from them.
I'm a scrooge like that.
6 comments:
You may be a Scrooge, but you're MY kind of Scrooge! Got mistletoe?
Big Kisses Big Guy!
Our ice maker died years ago. I just shut the water off and bought some good old fashioned ice trays. Problem fixed.
Mike - freezer on the bottom - no place to put trays. Tried it - and it didn't work for us. they didn't lay on the grid evenly - just a mess.
They don't make appliances like they used to, that's for sure! Sorry about the debit card fiasco. That sucks!
I had that happen several times now. We had to change banks for it to stop one time. 4 times and even changed our account number. After we changed banks we didn't have any problems until this year when we went to Vegas. I only used my card a couple times and I'm pretty sure it was at the hotel that we checked in that they stole my number. They had really high counters and you can't see what they are doing with your card. I had a lot of little charges even like less than $1 for a parking garage. They were all in New York and we stayed at New York New York hotel in Vegas. I guess they have a sense of humor.
Post a Comment