Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Port-a Potty Anyone?

I've told you stories, many stories here on the blog, about my husbands bathroom issues.
Poor guy always needs to be near a bathroom.
Our first date I saw toilet paper under the seat as I was moving it forward and when asked why? he said, "well you just never know."  
That should have been my big sign.

But now he just makes me laugh. Who needs toilet paper on the boat? Who needs it in their car? Who does this? yea, Rick does.
There are several stories here on the blog about him needing a john while on the road.
He knows every porta potty location and the condition it is in, every hotel bathroom along route 50, which makes his wife question how he knows this.  He will tell me things as we drive by a hotel, a restaurant or a home depot,"They have very nice tile in that hotel bathroom. That restaurant has bad bathrooms, very dirty. That home depot has a great bathroom, very well kept.  Once on the way to IKEA he pointed out a ball field and the porta potties. He told me they were very clean and taken care of. I just laugh and shake my head. 
I have never ever used a porta potty other than at a concert ONCE and those were so gross I think I'd soil myself first than do that again.  

So today he text me this picture with the following caption:
"Looks like they were expecting me."



My first thought was, okay they left him a spot to park at the condo. That was nice. 
But then I saw the porta potty and I laughed.

He has issues to begin with and then you add in the 3 Lyme medications that give him, well, urgency shall we say, that imodium doesn't seem to work for.  And lucky him there was a porta potty next to his van.  The man does makes me laugh.  

5 comments:

Julie H said...

Once you become a distance runner those port a potties are a godsend!

Mike said...

I thought I'd left a comment already. I know I had lots of good ones go through my head when I read this before but I guess my brain beat out my mouth this time.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Julie - yes while walking Izzy I have seen runners drop their drawers in the woods where I walk her. I would rather die than shit in woods.

Bilbo said...

Every man over the age of 30 needs to develop the mental database of available bathrooms. Believe me, I know where every one in NoVa is.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Bilbo - gee you and Rick could share some local restrooms that are clean and nice. He even will tell you about the tile work. That always makes me laugh.