I am sitting in my 2nd floor open office.
It is a loft type setting.
I can hear my dog snoring on the first floor.
My goodness my delicate little flower is snoring like an enormous animal.
How can this cute little face make such a noise?
We dropped Izzy at her Saturday play date at day care and we headed to the farmers market. I love the farmers market early Saturday mornings.
The majority of our food bill is veggies and fruit and then protein.
We hit our local farmers market and went to work. The one farmer has the best damn peaches you have ever had. I haven't had a better peach even when visiting friends in Georgia. Seriously delicious peaches.
We stocked up on all kinds of veggies and fruits and the last vendor did us in.
It was Martins Angus Beef from Plains VA. Rick saw these grass feed beef items and went nuts. Thankfully they had a square so we could use our debit card.
Most of the vendors only take cash, which I find silly in the 21st century.
I don't ever have cash on me so it is always a stop at the ATM before going to the farmers market.
We had the best damn Delmonico steak dinner Saturday night.
Of course fresh grilled veggies that we just bought too but it was the steak.
OMG, It was the best steak of my life.
Seriously before this steak, the best steak I ever had was at an Emeril Lagasse restaurant.
I still think of that steak as the one to beat. This one did. And little ole Rick made it and it was far cheaper than my steak at Emeril's. What a difference real food makes.
Both evenings had great wine too. It was a perfect ending to a day of hard work sipping wine and enjoying a meal on the patio.
Then yesterday we stuffed the great tomatoes we got at the farmers market with chicken salad. We made it a bit different this time. He added one of our own jalapenos from our own little garden and it had just a tiny zing and it was great. Did those bad boys on the grill and topped them with cheese. Oh how I love that Rick must eat gluten free now.
Normally that and a salad is my meal so it was great to only make one meal for us both.
After the farmers market Rick and I also went house hunting and looked at homes we can't afford. You would think that would be depressing but it wasn't. It was fun.
The one we really really liked was the perfect size for us being that there are only 2 humans and 1 canine. It did have an elevator which Rick said, "Gee that is a great idea with my knees I'd add that as an add on!" I was looking at the climate controlled wine cellar for my add on, we weren't on the same page. Then he said, "oh hell we'll do both!"
It was only 1.2 million. Ah, to dream.
But we'd still have to add that pool. I mean if we're going to go for it, ya gotta get it all.
We spent way too much time this weekend inside while it was just gorgeous outside.
But we finally tackled the 3rd floor - it had to be done damn it.
You see when we sold our lake home we brought everything back here.
It landed on the 3rd floor in one of the bedrooms. We have been ignoring it all.
While the home was sold with the majority of its furniture, we still had a lot of stuff we brought back here. We weeded through it all and it took me a total of 4 days. But this weekend it was finished. YIPEE.
Rick worked on his garage because the community had an event where you could bring your hazardous materials like paints and other chemicals. We piled up our car with chemicals from his job and gallons and gallons of old paint cans. We drove over to the high school where this was held and they had a super organized plan. We drove through the maze of orange tape, young people in goggles, aprons and gloves emptied our vehicle and then told us to move on. Simple as anything could be. It was tremendous. That got Rick started and motivated to keep going on that damn garage.
Oh he has weeks more to go but it was a great start. Because of his Lyme he still tires so easily he does what he can while he can. I have attempted to help, but that garage is his domain and he said he would prefer to do it alone. Because it is his workshop he needs to put things where he needs them he tells me. So he got one area cleared out, reorganized and I just went through and cleaned it. Which of course he said he'd do but I know it would never be done because the man can live in squalor.
We may or may not be getting 4th of July company Thursday night.
My niece was supposed to come but late yesterday she called to say her boyfriend may have to work. So I won't know until tonight.
I hope they come because the rest of my summer is pretty well booked. And I would seriously like to check out this boyfriend of hers that she is so over the moon about.
Is he worthy? That is what Rick keeps saying. He is so parental with her.
Don't know that I will have a chance to get back here.
So I am wishing you all a wonderful and safe 4th.

9 comments:
I found an apartment for you in Manhattan. It's only 98,000. Oh wait, I forgot three zeros.
Mike is that all? I guess if we're dreaming...
Steaks and grilled vegetables? I'm sorry you mislaid our phone number. I'll be sure to send it again so you can invite us next time.
Bilbo, give it to me big boy. we'll call you!
Funny but true story. I grew up on grass fed beef. My dad raised our own cattle and every year we would butcher one for the year. I.HATED.IT!!!! I so wanted to eat beef from the grocery store and would beg my mom for it. Now as an adult I realize I was eating the best beef out there. Weird, I know.....
Ah Bonnie not weird to me at all. I was embarrassed because my mother made home made pastas and home made pastries etc. I wanted them out a box! Thankfully we learned better!!
Walking through new houses just makes me depressed lol.
Scott's way of cleaning is taking everything out and then putting it all back in in different order. I don't think he ever gets rid of anything and still can't find anything.
Julie, I once had a cleaning lady bring her husband with her and he scrubbed my laundry room so clean that I was shocked. I would have hired him and let her go!! I have yet to meet a man other than this one that could clean. My husband thinks if you dust you GO AROUND the items and never dust the item or under it. Aargh.
sorry to read about Rick and the Lyme. There is a front page article about Lyme on Yahoo today. It is still being diagnosed way too late. In the case of the guy they profiled he even had the red bull's eye but still received antibiotics too late :(
Post a Comment