Monday, June 9, 2014

I'm home!

Here is what I want to say about my trip today - (tomorrow more)

To the Young Woman Who is Connected to her Phone - Just because you are wearing ear buds doesn't mean we can't hear you and your conversation. We heard you in the boarding area, on the plane, we heard you on the jetway, we heard you while waiting for your bags at the baggage carousel, we heard you laughing down the taxi ramp. We. All. Heard. You!

I wanted to punch you.

To the Gate Agent at Midway - there is a letter and there are numbers. 

Figure it out and stick with it!  
Flight to Dulles is at Gate B50. 10 minutes late, Attention Flight 123 to Dulles is now at Gate A4B, and when you got the giggles and told us over the PA that we had to move yet again while you laughed I wanted to punch you. The giggling made us all feel like you thought this was so damn funny making us go from gate a and gate b area. (and it was delayed 2 hrs to boot)

To the all the Taxi Drivers over the weekend. Take out the ear buds and stop talking on the phone. Just because you aren't holding the phone doesn't mean you are paying 100% attention to the road. The near misses proved that. You shouldn't be allowed to talk on the phone while you are driving people around your town.  


To the snarky waiter - you need to find a new job. You are too old and snarky. May be time to retire sir. You make a curmudgeon look sweet. The eye rolls, the sighing were most unprofessional and not so appreciated. I guess that is why this place puts the tip in the bill - otherwise you'd make nothing mister!


To the "L" Woman working at the airport that told me the wrong train stop to get off at.

You work for the "L" and you give us route maps to take the L yet you told 2 of us the wrong stops.  Not cool.  Was this just sick and twisted humor to amuse yourself at work? Or were you just clueless? 

To the Manager of Eon - If your website says you open at 1pm - you should be open at 1, not 4 o'clock. Just sayin'


To the Staff at my Hotel - YOU WERE ALL AWESOME!!!  I would recommend your hotel to everyone (JW Marriott - not to be confused with the Marriott on the Magnificent Mile) the food, the ambiance, the level of service was superb, the rooms perfection....(I could have done without the scale in the bathroom though) the food, the lounge, the people and oh the drinks. It was truly a great experience!!


5 comments:

Jayne Martin said...

It's said that "life is a journey, not a destination." I say fuck the journey. Just beam me as quickly as possible to the great hotel. :)

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

I'd take the beaming up to the hotel any day. Remember when traveling was in your nicest of clothes and people were civil?

LL Cool Joe said...

Well thank God the hotel was okay! Ha! I know all about travelling, but have managed not to punch anyone yet. :D

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

LL Cool Joe - I've never punched anyone in my life but boy I'd like to some days. :-)

Mike said...

I think I might have insisted the tip been taken off the bill since you didn't receive 'service'.