Friday, May 2, 2014

Can't Make This Stuff Up People

Things I can't even make up is the title to my week.

I had a doctor's appointment to get blood work done only. My dog got diarrhea that day and I was running her outside constantly. It was bad. So I called and asked to reschedule. They laughed when they heard my reason why. But look it could take me up to an hour to get there, then wait in the dr's office for who knows how long, give blood, drive home. That is at least 3 hrs that the dog would be pooping all over my damn house. No siree, laugh all you want I wasn't leaving her.

So it was reschedule to today. I walk her so she would be fine while gone.
I then got in my car to leave. My windshield wipers are up in the middle of my window, which I thought was odd. Because I was driving the other day during the 5.24 inches of rain we got so they worked. I hadn't noticed that they didn't go down when I turned off my car and ran inside. So I turn them on - they won't go down. I get out and try to push them down. They won't budge.
I get inside my car and again and keep trying and then think I have a great idea. I turn on my window washer fluid lever because the water comes out and sprays my windshield and my wipers come on automatically. Not such a brilliant idea after all. 
Oh the water came out just fine. But sadly the wipers didn't move.
Now I have a real mess on my front windshield and I can't see for shit.

I can't drive to McLean like this. Way too far. So I come inside and call Rick first. He asks me if I turned on the car. How insulting. Of course I had the car on, what the hell is wrong with you? I am not that stupid.  He is of no help.  I don't know why I called him honestly.  He is useless when it comes to vehicles. He can build me things, but he can't do diddly squat with cars. 

So I call the doctors office and tell them what is going on. They laughed and said, "you can't even make all this funny stuff up Peg." No shit!

Next I call the garage and they tell me it's a fuse. He asks, when you did this, did it do that? type of questions. All exactly as he said. So I now have to drive to the garage to get this repaired this afternoon. I hope it is just a fuse because I can afford a fuse.
I am also very thankful it's close by and I don't have to drive far without seeing well.

Honestly this has been a goofy week. 
I am thankful it's Friday and that it is 5 o'clock somewhere cuz I ain't waitin'.

2 comments:

Mike said...

Are you sure the doctors office isn't sneaking over and doing stuff to you?

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Mikr- I'm not sure. Good point. Need to check this out. Because there are no other explanations.