The snow is melting and that is never a bad thing. YIPEE
I would like to suggest to this area that they recruit men and women who run snow plows in Erie PA and Buffalo NY to come here to show them how its done. They know snow.
I constantly hear from nit wits that the reason they don't know how to plow snow is they don't get it that often? I've lived here for 14 years. I see snow every year. Some more than others. So that isn't a real excuse. If it is 3 inches or 18 inches it's snow and it should be done the same way.
1. Snow removal isn't over when the snow stops coming down! That to me is a DUH!
You then go back over your route and move the snow to make the roads more passable.
So cars can see around drifts or piles of snow.
In this area and especially in my neighborhood the plow never ever gets remotely close to a curb. 3 feet if lucky, to 6 feet from the curb is normal. Insane!
If there are cars there you get as close as possible and then get in front of the car and get to the damn curb. Then if you would go back after the snow and the cars are now gone you get all the snow TO THE CURB. Image that, complete snow removal. So then you don't have the ice ruts in the street because it is now against the curb. I know, simple huh?
C'mon I'm giving you job security snow plow people. Work smarter.
2. You need to put the plow to the ground. Not close to the ground, but to the ground.
Ask those in Erie and Buffalo they don't graze the snow, they friggin' plow the snow. You know the reason they don't close school, delay school or work? Because they plow the roads, not a path.
3. Your babies will not die if they go to school on a cold day. You may have heard they have heat in schools in 2014. Tell your dumb 13 year old standing at the bus stop to put on a pair of pants and get his/her ass to school. I see these twits wearing barely any clothes standing there whining about how cold it is. The girls look like they belong on the pole. The boys are wearing summer fabric shorts that don't cover their ass and their legs even look cold.
Their parents whine with them and encourage this behavior. I had an acquaintance tell me that her child should not have to go to school when its in the 30's. Okay, then send them when its 95 in July and August. I'm sure her prima donna would find a reason for that to be awful too. This gal will be on the pole when she's 18 anyway and she won't have to worry about dressing appropriately for winter weather.
Does this all happen in other places of the world or just the self entitlement area I live in?
Or has reality tv and our culture made everyone a self entitlement nut job?
I'm a fish out of water here that is for certain.
I don't think anyone owes me anything. I am not afraid of hard work. I don't think others should do things for me and I certainly don't think I am entitled to more than anyone else.
Calgon Take Me Away!
8 comments:
Wow, Peg, who put a quarter in YOU today? FWIW, I agree with you on all counts. The stupid plow makes a single swath down my hill, pushes everything into our driveways and blocks the storm drain, then goes off to get paid. And don't get me started on the ass clown who won't shovel his sidewalk at my bus stop ... between the deep snow and ice on the sidewalk and the snow pushed up into a wall about 4 feet out from the curb, I have to stand in the street to wait for my bus. This is no joke when it's still dark outside, there are no street lights, and there's no visibility of where I have to stand from 3 out of 4 directions. Oy.
Oh Bilbo I hear you. Preaching to the choir. Non one should have to stand in the street at a bus stop. Shouldn't even the people who run the bus stop plow/shovel this area to make it safe for it's passengers? I have to walk Izzy in the street and coming around those piles of snow i too can't be seen in the early morning or the evening and no one can see Izzy. I just don't understand not shoveling your own walk. Rick and I shoveled for hours and we did our pregnant neighbor to help her out. Jeez.
Our little city plows all the streets several times down to pavement. They even plow private streets if the private streets meet certain criteria.
Mike - so like normal places do it.
something is so wrong with the folks here. but then it is the city of our gov't that should explain a lot huh?
no, no, no!
first, if the melting of the snow comes before may first, it is a tragedy.
second, not all plowing is the same. good road crews not only know this, but they have DIFFERENT PLOWS for DIFFERENT ROADS.
last week one day i was on the road behind four plows from the town of jericho. go ahead, google the town of jericho. see how many roads it has.
and then there's snow consistency: you have to plow differently for dry snow than for wet. and no, you can't always put the blade all the way down. not unless your pavement is very smooth.
but yeah, people should wear appropriate clothing. yeterday it was three degrees out and so windy they couldn't run chairlifts. i saw a neighborhood girl walk out in leggings and a dress that almost came down to the bottom of her buttcheeks.
and she wondered why she was cold.
i was a bit chhilly in full winter gear, including gaiters and a face mask.
I'm in the Rochester area - 60 miles east (downwind) of Buffalo. Yeah - we have awesome road crews. But like Flask said - there are different plows for different roads. We've had other town crews come do ride alongs with local crews (and they get to operate the wing plow) to get edjumacation on the fineries of moving snow.
And no you don't really drop the blade all the way to the road - the blade rides on skags that keep the edge of the plow a fraction of an inch off the road. Bad for the road & plow if they are in constant contact. But that's what salt is for. If it's above 10 freakin degrees that is.
Should they do a new reality show called "Buffalo Plow Boys"? Sounds kinda kinky.
Okay everyone I didn't explain my beef well - i know about different plows and all that. These ya-hoo's don't put it down to 2 ft - it's crazy. They have no clue around here. And yes, maybe they do need that reality show.
you and I have been channeling similar thoughts. self-entitlement abounds. sadly.
Post a Comment