Monday, October 21, 2013

Summer is Officially Over.

This morning on my first walk with Izzy, and her 2nd walk, it was a whopping 37 degrees.
I know this because -
1. I was freezing. 
2. Doug Hill on ABC 7 told me so as I walked into my house.  

This afternoon Izzy and I took another walk and it was really nice out.
I put on my fleece jacket as I left the house but I only got about half a block away and I had to take it off. 

I needed to get out of the office or I was going to scream at customers. Better to walk away than to be unprofessional. I figured the sunshine and a walk with Iz would do me good.
It in fact did. 

I so wish we would get color here in fall. They turn brown they fall and the trees are bare.
We get some yellowish type color but nothing like the northeast and where I'm from. 
I so miss the colors of fall. 
Each time I see one leaf I take a picture.
Pathetic isn't it?
But here was that lone colored leaf among the brown dead ones on the ground.















I sat on a log and watched Izzy chew a stick. 
Yes, my day with customers today was so bad that this was thrilling to me!

























Doesn't her coat look better? This new food as well as an Omega 3 pill daily has brought her coat back to the way it used to be before this damn Lyme Disease. She is shiny and soft all over again. We are trying to give her a good quality of life with this dreaded disease but some days it breaks my heart to see her limp or just not be able to do what she wants. 
She is not even 5 years old yet.  

As we were getting up to leave two strapping young men (with really nice arms) were leaving their fishing hole.
















They stopped to pet Izzy and chat. 
The one with the nice arms had caught a pretty nice size bass and I said something to him about it. He said, "You know a bass from a trout?"  
I laughed and said, "Sadly I do know my fish."
So then they were testing me, it was funny.
I told them I have a husband who is a big time fisherman so you kind of learn over the years a northern pike from a small mouth bass, a striper from a walleye etc. 
Apparently that was pretty funny to them. I told them I was happy to amuse them. 
They loved Miss Izzy and as they were walking out she wanted to follow them. 
The little ho loves her men!

I didn't want them to see me taking their pictures so I stayed back. 
I don't have a large zoom so it is what it is. 
I just felt like this picture needed the Andy Griffith show theme song.  
You know the one, the whistling with Pa and Opie off to the fishing hole.



6 comments:

Ms. A said...

Thirty seven degrees??? Wow, that's cold winter weather for us. Seeing those nice arms probably warmed you right up!

Izzy looks gorgeous!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Cora, Yes that is cold winter weather for us too. That is why I was so surprised to be outside at lunchtime with no coat. It sure warmed up.
Last week in the mid 70's and this week cold. It was like a switch was hit. Brrr....

mamahasspoken said...

So sorry to hear that Izzy isn't getting around as good as she should. Labs are known for having poor hips and my female lab limps a lot especially after a hard run. My vet just says to keep an eye on her but to also make sure she keeps exercising.
I need to take his advice too......

Mary Jane Doe said...

Being from Maine, I really miss the fall. It always was my favorite season.

Your dog is gorgeous. My daughter has a black Lab named Ronnie. He's quite the character.

Mike said...

On our trip to Pittsburgh and back the tree colors were sort of washed out. It might be a dull fall.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Bonnie - she ran hard with other dogs on Saturday and then went swimming non stop for an hour on Sunday. Last night played ball. So we keep her going. We just notice that the "going" is shorter now. Last night she brought the ball back towards us and instead of dropping it at our feet she headed home. It was rather funny.

Van Goggins - ah Maine. So beautiful!! Thanks we think she's a cutie and she too is a character. Love labs!!

Mike - Rick said that about a dull fall when we were going up the PA turnpike a few weeks ago. Too much rain do that? I thought it was too hot a summer but it wasn't that way this year.
Are your Cardinals gonna win Mike?
Can they beat those hairy rat bastards? Tell me they can!!