Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Cleveland Happenings

Have you seen the gentleman that saved the kidnapped Amanda Berry and the rest of the girls who were held hostage in Cleveland?  Charles Ramsey is a damn hoot of a character.
Most of the things I've seen have been edited. However this morning on Good Morning America they showed the whole clip.  It not only made Rick and I crack up laughing but it made all the anchors on GMA laugh out loud too.
'I knew something was wrong when a pretty little white girl came running into the arms of a black man  Somethin's wrong, somethin's wrong.'
(NPR really played up that topic today)

He stated that he thought this was a case of domestic violence while trying to help her open the locked door. Then when she called 911 and he heard her say her name he said, "I thought Amanda Berry was dead"     Wow. What a crazy situation.
I love the fact that these 3, now women, have been found alive. 

Part of me thinks after 10 years of captivity and the unthinkable horrors that took place in that home how can you walk out of that house normal? The one girl was only 14 when she was kidnapped. She is still a damn kid at 24.
And let us not forget the child that was born in captivity.
That is a whole lot of counseling.

I do hope they hang this guy by the nuts.
In our society only celebrities and pretty white women get away with murder and assorted crimes. I don't think they will be soft on this dude, thankfully.

If the jurors of the Jodi Arias case let this nut job off the hook then there really is no justice in our country anymore. Seriously this woman is a full fledged nut job manipulating murderer. But then again so was Casey Anthony.
Then there are all the celebrities who get away with murder, breaking laws and who receive special treatment like the infamous OJ, Lindsay Lohan etc.
Lindsay has run over people, hits car after car, all the while high, drunk or both.
She seems to still be able to drive and has not lost her license or insurance.
I hit a car in the parking lot of Costco and my insurance goes through the roof.
I sit up high in a SUV, he was in a small low sports car that i didn't see in my side or rear view mirror. Thankfully I was moving ever so slowly.  I had no damage to my vehicle at all and he received a small dent in the front of his car. I would have probably lost my damn insurance and license had it been a really big and expensive accident like Lohan has had. Sadly I am not a drug ho with money so I get no special treatment.

While 'we' are speaking about current events there is another one that really fries my ass.
The 14 years old who didn't like the referee's call at his soccer game so he punched the referee and the ref died. A guy who volunteers his time and probably doesn't get paid a lick to ref a kids soccer game to boot.

Now for the last 20 yrs or so I have been screaming from the roof tops that giving a kid a trophy, a ribbon or a friggin' parade just because they were playing is all kinds of wrong.
These are the kids that grow up and think they are entitled to win, to get things for nothing, or don't deserve a bad call from a referee.
If you don't learn how to lose early it will not help you in any way as you grow.
In fact you won't grow period. You may age but you aren't growing.
Learning how to lose graciously helps you when you lose out to that nit wit at work who got the promotion after you did all the work. It teaches you how to suck it up and move on. Graciously, you would hope.
It teaches you how to play and get along with people.
That skill will help you as an adult every damn day in many ways.

You can't hide pain, loss, death, disappointment from your child's life.
Unfortunately it will happen. Isn't it better to give them coping skills?
They will know that you will always be there for them and give them a soft place to fall .
But they still need to learn how to cope. 
We aren't who we are by what happens to us but how we choose to deal with what happens to us.  I believe that so strongly.

UPDATE: The great man who saved the kidnapped girls, Charles Ramsey, is one cool dude. He was offered a check and he said, "Give the reward check to the girls, I got a job"
I love this man. Straight up solid man.

15 comments:

Mike said...

I wonder what Lindsay Lohans insurance rates are. Think she's in the high risk pool?

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Mike - gee ya think? she has to be running out of money by now though. she doesn't work anymore. And rehab isn't cheap.

April said...

She's getting her rehab for free!!!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

April, you have got to be kidding me? Who the @#$! is paying for this? OH HOW THIS MAKES ME ANGRY!!!

Julie H said...

I'm guessing that 14 year old probably got socked around at home. Why else would he think it was ok? I've just heard people talk about it though so I don't know.

I need to look up the kidnapping thing. I saw something on Facebook saying TG they were found but that's it.

Maybe I should watch the news.

Oh and with the famous people, I'm always wondering why if they have so much money do they not get someone else to drive them around when they are drunk!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Julie - I don't know what you are referring to re: the 14yr old girl.
Three girls were kidnapped and held hostage for 10 yrs. He was a school bus driver. He obviously raped them as well and the 1 had a daughter while in captivity. Sick twisted bastard. so I don't understand your comment about the 14 yr old girl getting hit at home.

"Cottage By The Sea" said...

I'm with you on everything you had to say. To say life isn't fair is an understatement and getting more so all the time. People literally DO get away with murder - and sometimes I don't know what would be worse. Living in god knows what conditions for 10 years or ? When my kids were in school and they got some stupid trophy for 8th place in a soccer game, there was a place for that. We had a trash can in the garage where everything you didn't earn went before it went into the house to gather dust. They thank me for it to this day. Maybe that's why they don't feel intitled and go around committing crimes? Great post. Off to read more.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Ah Tia we agree more than we don't, don't we? I think you are a wonderful parent as well as human being. I read your blog today but had blurry eyes after and didn't comment cuz I couldn't see the screen. Your children growing up and being productive citizens who don't feel entitled means you did a good job mom! :-)

mamahasspoken said...

AMEN Peg! AMEN!!!
The other thing that I would throw in there are those who think that it's ok to lie if it means it gets them what they want in life. THEN they turn around tell you how religious they are. GEEZE I hate fake people....

Ms. A said...

I'll not only give you an amen, I'll tack on a hallelujah!

Bilbo said...

"I do hope they hang this guy by the nuts." Too bad you're not a Cleveland resident ... I'll bet the jury deliberations would be AWESOME.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Julie - it occured to me last night as I lay in bed that you meant that shitty little boy who killed the referree. Sorry - I'm apparently so slow!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Bonnie - people who have to tell you they are Christian, are not. Those who tell you they never lie - are lying. Those who have to tell you anything are generally not of what they are saying. I don't have to tell you anything - I live it. If you like it you'll be around. Know what I mean? Religious people who talk about it make me the most sick.

Cora - thx, that was funny!

Bilbo - having lived in Cleveland I find it very hard to believe that the jury there would be as stupid as the jury in Florida on the casey anthony trial. Cleveland folks will be like NJ folks in that regard. Yeah!

Julie H said...

I was talking about the one that hit the umpire. I looked it up after posting and saw he was a 17 year old. What I was saying is that he most likely grew up in a place where it was thought ok to just punch people when they pissed you off. (not that that is an excuse).

Anonymous said...

i sick and tired of it all too. people getting away with all kinds of shit.... geez! losers that think they are entitled, that they deserve to be spared. Ugh!