Tuesday, May 14, 2013

See Me, Hear Me.......

"Huh? What did you say? "

"What? I don't see that, where?"

"Can you turn up the TV please, I can't hear what they are saying."
"Can you rewind that so I can hear what they just said?"

"No, I can't look at that right now. Let me get my glasses."
"You need me to take a picture right now? Okay, let me find my glasses."

Yes, this is my life these days.
You all know about my hearing.
Now I can't see for shit either.
It is all happening so rapidly, or so it seems.

I took Izzy for a walk today.
I brought my camera along.
I was wearing my sun glasses.
My bifocals were left on my desk.

I took her photo and was having a hard time seeing her clearly.
I moved the dial until I thought it was in focus but I wasn't sure.
I came home and grabbed my glasses and looked at the photo.
Blurry!
Now wouldn't that have been a good photo if I could have seen well enough to focus?

Next stop Braille, I just know it.

9 comments:

mamahasspoken said...

Hehehe, I had to get new glasses too.....

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Getting old is expensive Bonnie!

Mike said...

Uhhhhhh, prescription sunglasses?

Leisa said...

I'm hearing you! I got prescription sunglasses recently (came with a SpecSavers 2 for 1 deal - bargain!) because I'm tellin' you, I can't see anything these days without my glasses and the squinting is giving me crows feet!
Most of my photos look fuzzy these days too. :(

Ms. A said...

I have the same problem. I still have fairly decent far vision, but my close vision left me years ago! I have a permanent ridge in my nose from wearing my readers ALL THE TIME.

PS: YES, that would have been a great photo! She usually doesn't willingly pose for you and this time it looks like she was giving you every opportunity.

Julie H said...

lol such is life!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Mike - great Rx bifocal sunglasses. i don't need them for far away....yet

Leisa - a 2 for 1 is now what I will be looking for!

Cora - i too can see far away. It's the computer and the reading or the viewfinder of my camera. Izzy never will sit like that - EVER. The one time she did I had to be quick. She was up in a second after this shot. I blew it.

Jenny said...

Just never change your glasses and then you can't see yourself in the mirror and you don't even have a clue you're getting older.

That's my theory anyway!

ha!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Jenny - oh i gave up mirrors 15 yrs ago! Sadly to put on my makeup i need a 10x mirror and my lord that is frightening!! No mirror I look like Tammy Faye. :-)