Monday, May 6, 2013

My hatred for WP grows

I went into my office this morning early so I could look at my Google Reader  before work and it was gone. Am I the only one?  Then it came back and now it's gone again. aargh!

So blogger friends if I don't get to your blog, you'll know why.
How I hate blogger. If it's not broke why change it? WHY?

But I hate Wordpress more.  I know hard to believe.
At last count I have had 15 passwords for WP. 15!
I have taken to writing them down on a form I have to remember them so that the people who have left blogger I can visit and also know my password.

I found out Wordpress hated me more than Blogger when I had to sign in to comment. 
I put in my password and they told me it was wrong.
I look at my password list and sure enough that was correct.
No caps were on. I am typing it correctly and then BAM!  I am shut out for too many tries. So I reset my password.  I write down new password.  I try again on another blogger who has gone to wordpress. It tells me it is not the correct password.  I then swear like a sailor and say @*#% - it   I am not going to comment anymore on this damn wordpress. 

This has been done over the course of months, after rebooting computer, different days etc. Nothing ever works.

Then last week Lizbeth had the funniest damn post.
My husband and I were howling with laughter....albeit at her expense.
But we had a good laugh. But I couldn't tell her that because of the damn password.
I fiddled with that damn thing for 20 minutes.
At one point my husband insisted it must be me so he asked to try it.
Then of course it was wordpress's fault because it didn't work. 
He was livid.  I laughed.
"Ah, you must be doing something wrong," I say to him with venom.
I HATE when he says that shit to me like I'm an idiot.
I was thrilled to see he couldn't get it either - although it would make life easier if we couldn't get it because I am an idiot and it's not wordpress.
He tried everything I have tried and then he got up and walked away frustrated.

This morning I tried to comment on someones WP blog and got so angry I thought if I have to do this again F-it I will never ever go to WP again.

Well WP apparently heard my anger and took it that time.
They didn't even tell me that my password was too weak, too lame, too silly or any of the bullshit they will tell me until I make it something like this QbXkL49R7, you know like you'll remember that one.

Well that was enough anger for a Monday morning.
I think I'll go deal with ugly cranky customers now, it may be a treat after WP.

12 comments:

Carolyn said...

My google reader has been gone a while. You can either search for it by googling it or you can just type it in, google.com/reader and it all should pop up.

Since google is going reader is going away very fast in July anyway, you may want to look into Feedly. It can sinc up wuth your google reader now, that way you won't lose all your blogs!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Carolyn, the info on Feedly was so bad I never downloaded it. The reviews were that you couldn't control what feeds you got and you couldn't set it up to just be your blogs etc. Does this work that way for you?

Arnebya said...

I don't use the Reader, but I still use the dashboard of Blogger from when my blog was there first. I signed up for BlogLovin but I REALLY hate the way it looks. I think you may as well choose something else now (I'm considering Feedly) since Reader is officially going away July 1. And I think it is definitely WP but also particular sites. I sometimes get asked to log in to wordpress.com and I own my blog name so I'm not registered w/their .com side. Technology be illin'.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Arneyba - I have been slowly adding blog url's to my favorites so I can just go one by one each day or whatever.....
Remember when we thought technology was going to make our life easier? hell no!

Ms. A said...

My google reader has been gone for a while now, but the only time I ever used it was to see what someone had deleted after posting.

Why don't you just read from the dashboard? Am I the only one that does that?

Mike said...

I've never used google reader. I just look at my blog list on my sidebar. And then others I have in favorites or bookmarks or whatever.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Ms. A - dashboard? what?

Mike - I am bookmarking them as we speak.

Julie H said...

The Feedly works a lot like the google reader but I can't use it at work :bummer:

"Cottage By The Sea" said...

Sometimes I wish Google wasn't even a word. I have literally shed tears over the damn reader, to say nothing of all the other things Google controls in my life. Have you ever tried to comment on a blog that has Discus? I finally just gave up on those blogs because I ran out of passwords.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

OH MY GOSH YES TIA WITH THE DAMN DISQUS!!!! I love her blog but stopped commenting. too frustrating!

flask said...

greetings from places you've never heard of.
(places i've never heard of..)

i do NOT know anyone who has as much trouble with blogger as you.

and as for feedly, there is a version of it they made to look just like reader.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

flask - i just downloaded feedly so I will see how that works. I think you are right. I am blogger challenged.