Monday, September 10, 2012

Beautiful Day

Good Morning Blogger Friends.
I absolutely LOVE this weather. I am on a high!
It is in the 50's at night and this morning and only in the high 70's all day.
It is Peggy weather people!
I get to wear leggings and a big ole sweater and this just makes me damn happy.
I have slippers on here at my desk this morning. Yummy.
I just love love love it like this. 
If only it could be like this for 6 months a year -then winter and spring.
I have to have some winter in there though.
Winter makes you really appreciate perfect days like today.
That's it, just those three seasons would make me a very happy gal. 
If only there was a place on earth that had that weather.
Just skip the 90's, 100's and high humidity. Any ideas?  I'd move there

I have a couple of pictures I wanted to share that I received over the weekend from Joey and Karley's mom, Laura.
This below are the boys with their toys.
Guess which one is the 11 year old? Yep it's that tall one. 
I just love this one of Joey, Izzy and Karley. Izzy was diggin' the attention and love big time.
 Katie got on her knees to say good bye and Iz jumped up and just gave her a hug.
She hated seeing them go.

In other non important news I made a quiche this Sunday and we enjoyed the cool air and sat on the patio with friends and ate quiche and drank coffee. The others had mimosa's but champagne is not my friend so I just had plain juice and coffee.

The new neighbor over the fence that lives in Ugly Carrie's old place is just the nicest guy.
We got lucky or I should say, we're back to normal.

He is older, cute and single. My guess is early 60's. Twinkly blue eyes. I know he works in the government and which division but he can't tell me what he does there or he'd have to kill me.
The only reason I think he is older is he has a full head of white hair.  But then again if I didn't color my hair I would be 100% gray too so he may be my age. Either way he is super nice and cute. He smokes out on his deck which I have the unpleasant pleasure of having to smell in my home but otherwise a super upgrade from Ugly Carrie!! Hell satan would be a super upgrade from Ugly Carrie.

I went outside to my car parked out front of my townhome Saturday early evening and he was standing there on the sidewalk and he startled me. He was just standing out on the sidewalk with his hands in his pockets looking down the street. I jokingly asked if he was looking for his date. His face turned red and just said he was 'waiting on a friend' and they were lost so he thought if he stood out there they would see him. 
I laughed and said, "yep we've been there with people to our home. It's like stepfordville and everything looks the same until you get used to it."  He laughed and repeated, "Stepfordville"  as though he was really absorbing the term for the first time on his new development. I got in my car and drove off.
When I got home I said to Rick, I think our new neighbor has a date, let's see if that car is there in the morning.  (wink wink)

Now I know that wasn't nice. Nosey damn neighbor I am huh?
But we live on top of one another you see things. It just is this way.
Last week when we were gone all week the lady across the street said to us upon our return, "Hey where did you go? I didn't see you and Izzy walking all week, it was weird around here" 
So on Sunday morning we saw "her" his date, while we were on the patio eating quiche.
We had 2 good size pieces left in the quiche pan so we offered it to them.

Later that afternoon around dinner time he came over with our plate. 
He's old enough too to know the saying and probably was told by his mama the same the rest of us at that age were taught....never give a plate back empty? Well this man did that.
He made Ratatouille in my quiche plate. OMG did it smell good!!!
We had just been talking about what to have for dinner and he shows up with this!
Bingo!!
He kept saying how good the quiche was and how much they enjoyed it. (it wasn't that great) So he was giving us dinner. Gee that wasn't fair. I only gave him 2 pieces of quiche.
He made us dinner.

The smell of this was so awesome.
Garlic is still reaking from my pores today.
I am thankful I work from home with a garlic day like this that's for sure.
Izzy doesn't mind the smell.
I am sure if I was in a cubicle the man or woman next to me would have to move. I have a sister (Pam) who says that the smell of garlic on a man is sexy. That makes me laugh. While eating it's great, coming out your pores the next day, not so much.

Oh and by the way, Rick found that damn T-shirt.
God help us all.

11 comments:

Carolyn said...

I too am loving this weather!!! Can't wait for it to just get a little cooler out

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Carolyn, I agree with you but this is sure nice for awhile. I just love having my windows open for fresh air!

Mike said...

Next time you're gone you're going to have to hire a substitute Peggy and Izzy to walk the neighborhood in the morning.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Wanted: Chubby brunette with chubby chocolate lab needed to walk the neighborhood. :-)

Arnebya said...

I want to say say something substantive but all I got is "Yay, ugly Carrie's gone!"

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Arnebya - thank you for your support. :-)
BTW you looked beautiful on the video speaking at blogger. Always wanted to go. Obviously you thought it was worth it. I may have to talk with you about this.

Julie H said...

LOL I used to have a co-worker friend that would come in just REAKING of garlic. I'd be like "omg did you eat the whole bulb"?

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Julie - and it doesn't smell so fine the next day now does it?
I don't mind it so much but I know others do and today is a good day to work from home. :-)

mamahasspoken said...

I think YOU should wear the t-shirt, just to throw him and everyone else off a bit ;o)

Ms. A said...

I'm ready for this cooler weather to hang around! I just LOVE IT!

I think we might be in for more stories about this new neighbor... I betcha!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Oh Bonnie that would be funny!

Ms. A - yep I am sure you will too. :-)