Wednesday, August 8, 2012

What a Day Already!

My Development has a monthly magazine that is delivered to our homes.
This magazine keeps us up to date with issues, events etc.
Like the upcoming international food and beer weekend.
I like these because one can walk and stagger home.
I always read this magazine from cover to cover and yesterday I was looking at the club section.

When we first moved here we tried a couple of these clubs.
Remember this fiasco?...funny, but not our thing.

We did attend a DINKS outing. (double income no kids)
But no one was over 30, hell no one was even 30.
So let me recap, the first club everyone was so very old and the 2nd one too young.
We were an island.  No one to play with.

So last evening as I am perusing the club list in the magazine I saw this one listed -
'Straight Spouse network' 

Now that is a very fine club to have. I can see the need.
But what strikes me as odd is to think there are so many of these poor folks in my development that they need to have a club?
Are these people living in the closet in this day and age?
Is that the reason for the club? If so I am sad by that.
I understand the Harley club and the Democrat/Republican club, knitting club, book club etc. But a club needs to be started for straight spouses living with non straight spouses?
That was an eye opener and very interesting to me.
After I read this last night I couldn't stop thinking about it.

Another thing that caught my "ear" last night was a commercial that was repeated a few times last night.
After I heard the commercial I kept humming the tune.
It was The Temptations singing "Get Ready Here I Come" from 1966.
That was 46 years ago for heavens sake.
Do you really think we'll be listening to Bieber or Kanye West in 46 years?
No, you won't, trust me on this.
I don't know much but this tid bit I would bet the farm on.

This morning is a normal day for Izzy to go to doggie day care.
But we did not want her to go today. Thursday would serve us better.
This morning as I sat down to have my coffee she sat across from me and just stared a hole into me.
She does this if she has to go out so I walk to the door but she won't go.
She does this if it's time to be fed or if she needs water.
I did all the things I could think of and she won't stop staring at me.
I finally said in frustration, "Use your big words Izzy!!"

I ignored her or tried, and drank my coffee. She continued to stare.
I put my coffee cup in the dishwasher and she followed me and STARED.

I opened the front door and said COME as forcefully as I could while using my deep Rick voice. I figured if all else fails make her walk.
She stood there and stared. Stared a hole into me kind of stare. 
Then it hit me. She does this on doggie day care days and today I am not saying, "want to play with doggies today?" She's waiting for it.
When I say that she will run to the door.
But now she won't go out.  How the hell does she know it's Wednesday?
I drag her outside for a walk - to see some other dogs and take her mind off this.....so I thought.
She goes straight to the car and sits there. Staring at me.
I leave her there. I was fighting with this damn dog and pulling her.
I was so frustrated and tired of this fight for 30 minutes and it's only 8:15a.m.

I went in the house and took this photo from inside. She was now lying down.
She was going to sit in front of the car until I took her to doggie day care it appeared.
OMG she is so damn stubborn!
(She takes after Rick)


I left her there for 1/2 hour. No she won't run away.
This dog will never leave home she has it made and she knows it.
After putting on my being in public clothes and brushing my teeth I go back outside.
I cry UNCLE.  I grab her leash and say, "Want to go play with doggies?" 
NOW she will move her ass.
She turned around and jumped into the car.
Spoiled.rotten.diva!!
I about beat her this morning.
Seriously I have never ever been so frustrated with this dog in my 3 1/2 years of having her.
And I caved.

As I open the back car door at doggie day care she licks me and is all affectionate.
I grabbed her face and told her she was damn lucky she's loving me right now because I could hurt you Izzy.  Didn't faze her a damn bit.
She ran inside and was all excited.
They were so happy to see her.
I was actually happy to let her go.

I am now being manipulated by a dog.
What has happened to me?

8 comments:

Carolyn said...

That's too darn cute! It's crazy how dogs are so aware of time and day. Every single morning my dog is up a minute before my alarm goes off. Or if it's the weekends, he'll start jumping and rolling around the bed on purpose to get me up and put him out!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Carolyn its only cute to you!
I have never been more frustrated!!

Ms. A said...

OH.MY.GOSH... she even knows what day it is!!! That's amazing!

Yep, you've been had. Better learn to deal with it! LOL!

Mike said...

Maybe the 'Straight Spouse network' get togethers are where people that aren't getting any can.

And maybe Wednesday is the day Izzy gets a little.

mamahasspoken said...

Just for fun, you and Rick need to go to the 'straight spouse network' but don't tell anyone which one is which. Instead have fun listening to the others' guesses on your sexuality.
Might cause a stir in the neighborhood but I think you can handle it.
As for Izzie, I get your pain. My dogs can even spell now. They know what O-U-T spells, also P-L-A-Y and F-A-R-T because it means outside.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Mike - So you're sayin' Izzy gotta git some huh? Damn slut.

Bonnie - i think if i went to this it would break my heart so no meetings for me. It's too sad to think of all the reasons this situation is the way it is.

Julie H said...

LMAO too funny!!

I don't get the straight spouse group. Does that mean a straight spouse living with a gay spouse?

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Julie - that is what I took it to mean.
I don't know for certain.
perhaps a straight spouse who was married and their spouse came out & now they are seperated and the straight spouse is reeling and going to this group. To think there was that many that they formed a group is what really flips me out.
Or as Mike said - they just have to "get some"