This is what we worry about? Seriously with all the shit going on in the world?
A 4.0 student who was validectiorian used the word hell in her speech so the school is holding back her diploma.
So if she was a knocked up kid with a 4.0 she would get her diploma because she is a fine example and besides she's on TV so she should get her diploma.
If she were the meth user with a 2.0 she would graduate and receive her diploma because we just want her the "hell" out of school.
If her priorities were just getting by with the smallest of effort (like America in general) and she spent her evenings and weekends smoking pot and drinking alcohol (and don't we all) she would graduate.
But a person who spent her high school years working hard to get a 4.0 and get into a good school for higher education and to do something constructive with her life you deny for using the word "hell"
For all you nut right wingers who spew your religious rhetoric at us all isn't that a destination and not a bad word? Seriously this is so offensive that you would deny her a diploma?
She didn't say fuck for fuck's sake.
I get it we are trying to make our young people upstanding citizens and better than us.
But I would bet my life on the fact that those children graduating and the people in the audience have heard far worse. Especially in the text it was used.
Does that make it right?
No, it doesn't but it's just a word that really isn't harmful.
I could list another 7 that are if you'd like.
Of course you don't want your 4 year old walking around saying that but I imagine that principal has said far worse when talking about the kids, the parents and his administration.
Pot , meet kettle.
A public reprimand would have been enough for this crime.
But to hold back her diploma is just so ridiculous.
Boy people are pissing me off this week. And I haven't even covered politics.
(I know you're saying, peg only this week ?....you know what I mean)
3 comments:
I read this article too. It's crazy that a school would do that. I hope she stands her ground and does not issue and apology. She has nothing to be sorry for.
This is absolutely ridiculous! How ironic that one of my boys came in from kindergarten and asked me what the "F" word meant. Saw it on the bathroom wall, at school! This is another one of those gag at a gnat, moments.
That's horrible!
Post a Comment