Thursday, August 16, 2012

Visine Poisoning

Talk about patience.
This woman was poisoning her boyfriend over 3 years with Visine.
She says she did this because she wanted more attention from him.
3 YEARS!
To me this is patience.
Much more patience than I have that's for sure.

She could have just said, "I need more attention from you!"
That would have been quick and easy, no?

But poisoning him over 3 years?
He was suppose to guess that she needed more attention from that little trick?
How in the hell would that work?

"Gee someones putting poison in my drinks, I may need to give them more love and  attention."

"I'm vomiting and always going to the ER, gee who isn't getting enough of my attention and love?"

I am not sure how one gets to that conclusion from being poisoned?

I prefer the direct approach.
I NEED MORE ATTENTION FROM YOU TO BE HAPPY IN THIS RELATIONSHIP.

See that's easy and over with in one minute.
It pays to be impatient if you ask me. I wouldn't wait 3 years!
I would probably even tell him how I would like to see that manifest itself too.
We'd talk, we'd end up laughing and who knows where that would lead to. (wink wink.)

But poison him instead of talking? Not my style.
Poison him if he was beating me and I couldn't get out alive?
I'd possibly don a jail house jumpsuit for that.
But for more attention? Nah!

This brings up an issue that I see over and over again and it makes me want to scream.
Women will expect a man to read their mind.
How many times have you heard a women say dumb things like, "He should know what I need ..or want.... or fill in the blank here"

Really? 
How would he know if you are playing that passive aggressive game with him?
Or poisoning him for that matter.

"Oh no I don't want you to do anything for my birthday honey."
He then does nothing and  you're pissed off. 
"he should know" you cry!
If you told him you didn't want anything then he is listening to you!
Give him credit for that. Be thankful....and be forth coming.
Tell him what you want, what you need.
You'd be surprised how easy that is and how well it works.

Listen gals, men are not mind readers. (and nor are we)
Men don't even always get it when you tell them out right for heaven's sake.
Some need pictures.
So save yourself the frustration.
Be clear, concise, short, to the point, no finger pointing, not emotional, just factual.
You can't expect them to read between the lines.
They aren't hard wired for that. It's like multi tasking - that is not their strong suit!
So do yourself a favor.  Speak up.  It's works like a charm.

Save yourself a lot of  headaches, stress, frustration and possible jail time.
I mean if he can't or won't give you what you want then for heaven's sake don't waste the pretty, move on, and get what you need and want elsewhere. 

Poison though just may not be the right direction to go here.
You'll be glad you did speak up instead of using poison because very few of us look good in jail house orange or horizontal stripes! 

8 comments:

Julie H said...

Geeze people are stupid. You'd really have to have a screw loose to be poisoning someone with visine! That stuff is expensive too, why not use something cheaper and faster acting lol.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Julie - yeah like rat poison. Cheap and effective....or so I hear. :-)

Mike said...

I would think the guy would have built up a tolerance to visine after 3 years. That's why the religious snake handlers can do what hey do. They've been bitten so many times they biuld up a tolerance.

Ms. A said...

Wasn't that insane! Men aren't mind readers. After all the time I've been married to my hubby, he STILL doesn't have a clue... AND HE'S A WONDERFUL PERSON... just clueless.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Mike - Is that why the religious snake handlers don't get bit? Damn it!

Cora - "he's a wonderful person....just clueless" what you meant was he's a wonderful person but he's a man....tee hee.
No, I'm not male bashing because I love men - they are just different from us and we can't expect them to think like us!

mamahasspoken said...

I think that woman rode the short bus to school.....

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Bonnie - And now she rode it to jail. :-) (love that saying I use it all the time)

Anonymous said...

yeah this woman is retarded.

and i completely agree, i routinely tell my husband what i want from him. jay might say....too much. :)