Friday, August 17, 2012

My Next Vacation Spot

This dog is as laid back as Izzy the Wonder Dog.
Cocoa has the same demeanor and face and it's a bit scary. 
Rick and I kept watching it and couldn't believe she was as calm and mellow as our gal
We see a fall foliage destination in our future.


In other animal news.....
I am enthralled with gorillas. Always have been always will be.
Yesterday I saw this video of 2 long lost gorilla brothers.

video platformvideo managementvideo solutionsvideo player  If this isn't touching to you, you are just cold inside! Remember awhile back, or perhaps you never heard this, but very young gorillas were seen through surveillance video taking apart traps set to kill them.   Not only does this show to me tremendous cognitive skills but also empathy.  I would so love to sit with the gorilla's like Dian Fossey used to do.  Here is the story of those little guys doing this.

6 comments:

Lizbeth said...

I would love to have a dog like your Izzy. And I truly believe dogs have more compassion and empathy than some people.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Lizbeth - we got so lucky when we got our dog! I agree about dogs and people! I find it so interesting when my dog doesn't like someone too. think she knows something i may be missing you know?

Ms. A said...

Goodness, that is one laid back dog. So calm.

Awwww to the gorillas. Sweet!

Mike said...

Cute doggy.

danneromero said...

Cute, peg. :)

mamahasspoken said...

My dogs NEVER sit that way. never. Even as I type this, two of them are barking at the door because another dog is walking down the street...