I don't understand what that is because there is no ball involved.
I had so much fun in her home town. Man it was cold but it was sure fun.
New things to smell and a HUGE lake. She calls is Lake Erie. I call it FUN.
Since she isn't here I am going to tell you all the fun things I did.
I went for walks around this hotel we stayed at and there was a creek and some ducks.
I liked to stare at the ducks every morning like this.
Back at the hotel they let me on all the furniture. That was cool since I am never allowed to do that at home. Boy it's comfortable up there. I took a nap there one afternnon and then wondered why they get to have all the fun sitting up there.
Then my favorite part. We went to the lake. It's much bigger than the lake I'm used to but it was the same kind of fun. My parents whined about how cold it was.
Daddy had on 2 pairs of pants and several shirts and sweatshirts. Mom too.
They are weather wusses.
I swam after my favorite football for an hour.
Something about Dad saying his arm falling off made us have to stop.
I dug in the sand. I had a ball.
Dad threw a stick and it just went ka-plunk.
Mom yelled at him to throw the football.
I think she thought I was going to drown diving for it.
She worries too much.
I even heard her say not to throw it to Canada.
I didn't understand that comment.
I think she's crazy.
You can't see Canada from here - it's 29 miles across the lake for pete's sake!

I'll leave you with this video of us leaving to go for a walk on a nature trail along across from the light house. I didn't want to leave but this place was so cool I knew wherever they were taking me was going to be fun. And boy was it. I'll make my mom show you all tomorrow.
House boats, fox and deer. I sure would like to live there. They gave me a big fat NO.




7 comments:
I think that was Lizzy's way of saying she had enough of the fetching game. I know this because my labs do the SAME thing ;o)
Sounds like you had a nice weekend! I hope you trip back down was safe!
Even dogs need a weekend away every now and then.
Jay
At least we know for sure one of you had fun!
Hey, Izzy! Glad you had such a good time...I wish I had a lake like that to play in! It's good for you to make sure your humans get some exercise, too. And congratulations on scoring furniture rights in the hotel! Bilbo and Agnes let me on the old sofa under the upstairs window so I can stand guard, and on the downstairs recliner so I can nap with my head in their laps while they watch TV, but I guess that's not the case for most of us. Welcome home!
Nessa if you really like to swim you should come with me some time to the canine and equestrian swimming facilty in Middleburg for labradors. I love it there. I go on Sundays and it's only $10 for an hour of fun. Or like my dad says until his arms can't lift that football anymore. We are going on the 5th. I tend to sleep for a very long time after that but boy oh boy is it fun!!! C'mon and join me sometime.
Looks like that ride was worth it to Izzy ;)
Post a Comment