**We all knew he was sick but it still was a bit of a shock to see that Steve Jobs had passed away from pancreatic cancer. I didn't know you could live as long as he did with pancreatic cancer so I am happy he got to say his good byes, however sad. He was only 56. Being 55 that scares me.I have heard over and over again that if you can get through your 50's without cancer you have a pretty good shot at not getting it. I wonder how true that is? So many in my family have died from cancer, including my mom who never even made age 45 let alone her 50's. It's always in the back of my head and I wish it weren't. I don't own any of his inventions. No mac, no iphone, no ipad and I don't use itunes. But you can't deny his huge impact on our lives whether you use his inventions or curse them.
**The weather is perfect right now here in the mid Atlantic.I want it to stay just like this until summer. I don't think that is much to ask.It is in the high 70s all day and it is in the low 40's at night. Perfection! I want to move where it is like this all the time except summer.Know of that place?As I type this my nose and fingers are cold. I just got in from a walk with Izzy and it is only 48 degrees. Brr....but it smells like fall and the sun is shining and sky is blue and I'm in nirvana right now.
**I am not a fan of cold weather fruit. Apples so not my thing. I like Granny Smith apples every once in a while but seriously apples to me are awful unless in a pie. I miss my berries and cantaloupes and plums and all the good things of summer. The issue with this fruit thing is that I find when it's colder I want to eat more for some reason. So I try to lean towards fruit but I hate all the fruit this time of year and a piece of gluten free cheesecake is so much easier to grab instead of that lousy apple. Ah, what's a girl to do? There is always that dirty word, EXERCISE. Aargh.
**I just bought an enormous box of full size Reese's cups at ole Costco. I do not like Reese's peanut butter cups which is the kind of Halloween candy I must buy. Rick loves them. So I put the box in the fridge in the garage to hide them.He found them last night and he ate 2 of them. So two less trick or treaters I suppose.I put them low thinking the tall man wouldn't see them in the crisper out there.He told me while he was working in the garage he heard them call him, "Rick eat me, eat me"I told him that was me but he insisted it was the candy. So now I must find another hiding spot or buy more because those won't be the only 2 missing from that box!
**We lowered the price of our house at the lake to hopefully sell.I still don't think it will sell. Seriously are people buying 2nd homes in a recession? No.
**Where have all my bloggers gone? M.I.A. No updates on their blogs, not stopping by mine, nada.Everyone is so very busy? Everyone quit? What is happening? All are twittering? If you are out there reading - what the hell are you doing and why aren't you writing anymore?
**This morning on The Broads on Sirius they had on a woman who owns a shop in NY where they cast ones penis. Yes, they make dildo's. You can buy one, but why do that when you can just have one made...tee hee. A man goes there and has a cast made of his erect penis. I talk back to my radio and said out loud, "how the hell does she keep them erect the whole time she is making this? Is there a fluffer in her store or is she?" Then the Broads asked her this exact question. She said there is a little room and they play video's/porn and have other magazines/visuals etc. They do not have a fluffer. (I wasn't convinced) She did say that a lot of partners come with the men. Women go there and ask that one be made of their husbands, boyfriend, partner. A woman asked if she could make one of her husbands penis because he was being deployed to Afghanistan again and this was her way of having a "piece" of him left behind. I don't know why but I think this is a hoot. Rick would do this over his dead body. He may buy me a vibrator but pose for one? I think not. Would your partner do that?
**Okay an update here at 10:20am.
Rick called into the office for some customer information.
I told him that I said he would never pose for such a thing.
He laughed and said, "Where do you find these things Margaret?"
Then he informed me that a woman rubbing stuff all over his thang to make this cast would be a non issue and he'd do it in a heart beat. No video's needed he tells me, "they are rubbing stuff on it Margaret. He says this loudly like I'm deaf. Well excuse me for thinking otherwise you big pig! But what if it was a man doing this? Well then it was a loud hell no.
So the pig does draw a line in the proverbial sand. Oh hell it's all TMI even for me.
What the hell is wrong with him/men? Yeah, I know rhetorical question.
21 comments:
Well I have been MIA as well and have noticed decreased blogging in general. My life has just gotten so busy. My usual time to blog is at work in the mornings and some dumb marketing person had the idea that business should boom at 8am! And now it does. Uggghh. I am actually keeping a watchful eye on a baby now while I type.....Not good. Where is everyone else? Who Knows?
My partner would so make a penis cast. He is very proud of his penis. And don't get me wrong he should be but......TMI huh?
I am loving this weather!!! I too wish it would stay like this.
I've noticed that this time a year blogging seems to taper off for some people. Things start to get really busy. It'll pick up again though.
Roc - normally it's slower in summer so this is odd to me. As for your partners "cast" it made me giggle not TMI.
Have mercy, Margaret! I'll just say that my weather has been much more tolerable lately, and leave it at that.
Oh, and many of my "tribe" have disappeared from blogging, as well.
I'll leave the other topic for someone else. *grin
That is too funny! I think that would be fun - I know my husband would do it in a heart beat!!
"...I told him that was me but he insisted it was the candy."
"...Is there a fluffer in her store or is she?"
1. There goes your PG rating.
2. What was that phone number again?
The weather has indeed been glorious...it's so nice to be able to turn off the AC and leave the windows open at night.
April - well I guess my sick perverted hubby isn't the only one who would do it in a heart beat huh? :-)
Bill - Since i have never been PG rated that's okay. Ah, you don't want to have to drive up to NYC...I'll give you the one here...tee hee.
Hahaha! I feel old with that penis cast thing. Who does that?!?
And I'm loving the current weather right now!
Lizbeth - "Who does that?!?" I know exactly! Well apparently a lot of people from this interview today. I too felt like an old codger on this. You can't just go buy one like in the old days????? :-)
Oh your last part just reminded me of a true family conversation!
Scott and Noelle were here one evening when one of those commercials for 'men who have problems' came on. Of course, I had to comment to the group about the 'seek medical attention for erections that last more than 4 hours' statement. I was like wouldn't that be embarrassing if you went on with a hard on and explain why. Scott informs me that if it happen to him, he would go in proud of his erection and would show it off to anyone and everyone. He then demonstrated how he would walk with his hands on his hips, shoulders, back and swing' his hips!
I shared this conversation with a friend of another son who happens to be studying medicine. I asked why one would have to seek medical attention, and he explained about how the medicine works and blood flow into the penis and an erection for that long means that the blood flow isn't working and you have to 'bleed' the penis to release the blood or it will do damage to it and the man will never have an erection again. I shared this news to Scott and he shuttered at the thought. Then he told me that he would still walk around the ER showing it off but this time he would tell his penis,
"it was great while it last!"
Yea, it has to be a man thing....
Mamma - Too funny. I'm cringing as I'm reading this. But it's true they would be walking proud and tall. The idiots!
Rick could get into the ceramic casting business. You know, something to put on the mantle.
Mike - i've had a very very bad day - thank you for making me laugh. You're the best.
And hey can you make those Cardinal's of yours kick Philly to the curb?
All the women I have been intimate with in my years would probably prefer a casting of my dork than actually having sex with ME. Cheers Peg!!
Matt-Man
i havent blogged in forever it seems like. my kids are keeping me busy. damn kids.
hi peg!...
i think it's ironic to lose someone with so much potential to offer the world.. i always wonder why it was their time... i am planning to live a long, healthy life.. oh yes i am!..
CA's weather is, overall, nice... year-round...
apples are my thing... cold, crunchy Gala apples...
oh, i can't buy candy... i will eat it all before the kids even find a morsel...
times are hard for many... buying a second home seems to be a luxury..
i haven't noticed the lull in blogging... but maybe it's because i haven't posted for several days...
a mold of a penis.... weird... even with my husband not here.. i wouldn't ask him to pose.. interesting that people actually do this.. i am sure the guys would enjoy the attention... if the woman was good at her job!
Too funny! I don't think my man would do it for anything.
'And hey can you make those Cardinal's of yours kick Philly to the curb?'
Yes, yes I can!!!
Wv: handioni - An Italian ... well, you know.
Mike - Grazie
I have been totally MIA. Life just gets going and there is no time to blog.
I have 2 friends who made dildos of their husband/boyfriend. A while back we went to one of those sex toy parties and they sold a home kit to make a mold of the penis and then send it off for the thingy to made. Yeah. I have even seen one them. Just another reason why I should probably be in a reality show or something.
I feel like there is no rhyme or reason to who gets sick and lives vs who gets sick and does not, vs who never gets sick at all. I had no warning symptoms or reasons why I would suddenly have heart disease in my 30's, aside from family history and being overweight (like most of america) - but there are people who can check off family history, overweight, smoker, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, heavy drinker - and they never get heart disease. It just doesn't make sense.
I have def been MIA - see above about heart disease. I'm in a funk. I used to love to write, and now I temporarily just don't LOVE anything (except reeses peanut butter cups). I haven't been reading any blogs really. I went from reading about 15-20 a day to about 1-2 a day. Temporary!!
Post a Comment