Last night at 2:00 a.m. Izzy woke us up with her vomiting.
She ran down the stairs then to the back door to finish that thankfully outside.
Thank you Izzy!
Then she ran to the front door and we went outside and she ran to the corner....literally ran.
She had diaharea. Oh boy. We were outside more than inside in the wee hours of the morning. Poor Izzy is sick.
We knew something was up because our gal will eat constantly if she is allowed.
She wouldn't eat her dinner last night. She finally did but it wasn't like normal where she scarfs it down in mere minutes. She ate some and then walked away.
Sure sign of something being wrong.
She was a bit lethargic but she had played with other dogs all day so I thought she was just tired. But when she wouldn't eat we both knew something was wrong.
We were to leave after work today. Rick was only going to work a half day.
Poor Rick is now working after being up since 2am.
I, at least work from home, look like shit but it doesn't matter.
I don't see other humans until we go for a walk.
Izzy is sleeping in a chair right now. Yep I let her go on the furniture. Broke my own rule.
We decided to postpone our trip until next weekend.
IF we can reschedule the rest of our appointments and life to make it work that is.
That is a big IF.
I called my mother at 6am to let her know. She still works so I knew she'd be up.
She said not to worry we'd all make it work.
Then I had to call the hotel and they told me I could not get the same rate any longer.
I rebooked it anyways and after hanging up with reservations I thought I'd call the actual front desk at the hotel.
I told them the issue and they were kind enough to honor the originial rate.
That saved me $150.00 and that was great of them.
Seriously no one goes up north in winter.
Which made me assume that there were probably plenty of open rooms.
I actually said that to them but in a much nicer way of course.
She laughed and said that she of course would honor the original rate and I was right it's a summer tourist destination and she'd be going south right now if she could. She was so nice.
Yes, I know it's fall by the calendar but it's cold there.
I think the high today was going to be only 49. C'mon it's winter.
I have officially lived in the south long enough to be a big fat weather wuss.
Now we have a sick dog, two tired humans and hopefully this will pass and we don't have to incure hundreds of dollars in vet bills. More importantly I hope this little gal will be fine.
In the mean time I have a calendar and life to rearrange!
13 comments:
Poor Izzy!! I hope your dog gets better real fast!!
Clearly you didn't even have to leave for blog fodder. I hope Izzy gets better soon and that's way nice of them to honor the original price for the rooms.
Carolyn, Thanks!
Lizbeth - funny how my life does continue to provide blog material isn't it? It was nice of them to do that. The woman was so damn cheerful at 7am I got the feeling she had worked all night. Are people really that chipper in the morning? Aargh. I am glad she answered the phone and told her so. I asked her name so when we get up there I want to be sure to find her and thank her again or do something for her.
poor izzy. i hope she feels better.
Poor izzy! Hope it passes quickly whatever it is. She looks so miserable. :(
Hope Izzy gets to feeling better fast. It's always bad when dogs get sick like that. Even worse when they're BIG dogs. haha ;-)
Jay
Thanks Jay - big dogs like you perhaps? :-)
I'm about to start drinking - it's 5 o'clock somewhere right?
Izzy's thoughts..... ' They think they're leaving on vacation. Oh yeah? Watch THIS!'
Guess if getting sick was inevitable, better at home than in the car, or at the hotel. Poor baby. Hope she feels better soon and you can all get some much needed rest.
My Daisy had that last week! Had me so worry. I would go to work and call home and ask hubby how the dog was, all he could say was her nose was cold. Of course I would ask if she was drinking, eating, pooping, still throwing up, and he would reply, "I don't know."
Yea, he's not a great dog sitter.
But after the first day she stopped the gross stuff, and by the third, she was a lot better.
Hope your cutie is better soon.
Hopefully she just ate something she shouldn't have and will be fine soon. It sucks when the dog gets the back door trots! Especially since we don't have a fence to just let them out and have to go out with them!
Hey, Izzy...hope you feel better soon. I know how bad you must feel, but be sure you milk this for all it's worth...that's what I do with Bilbo and Agnes, and it usually works wonders. Good luck!
Nessa - just got back from the hospital. this isn't fun anymore. Mom looks worried. Dad says he is broke. And they are making me go back this afternoon. they won't let me eat anything and I'm so hungry. I don't want to go they stick things up my butt. I may run away to your house. Can you hide me? I'm a cute little english lab - I'm not as big as you so you can hide me I bet. I'll bring you treats ok? please?
Post a Comment