Friday, October 7, 2011

Finally Friday is Here.

Seriously this has been one of the longest weeks of my life.
Not even a good week.
Why are these long ass weeks always a week that sucks?
A great week just flies by.
Who makes these rules?
Hit them for me will ya?

Have to go up north again for family issues.
I just keep repeating, Karma, doing good deeds will be good Karma.
Anyhoo, I lied when making my reservation for my hotel about my dog's weight.
Will they weigh her? 
They will only take dogs up to 50lbs. Oops, she's 73lbs.
I'm seriously bad at math, just like my spelling. Terrible.
That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
I worry we'll get kicked out.
But I had to try. We just didn't want to board her again.
The money issue is one thing but leaving her is the other.
The last time she actually whimpered/cried when we picked us up.
She wouldn't leave either one of our sides for a week. She was stuck to us like glue.
I don't want to do that again so she is going up north where it will be even colder and she will love that. Me and Rick, not so much.

C'mon how can you leave this face behind?
Have a great weekend everybody.

17 comments:

Lizbeth said...

OMG, I'd take that face with me in a heartbeat. And what's 20 pounds between friends?!? OMG, your dog is soooo adorable.

Carolyn said...

I think you will be fine. If anything, check in with the dog in the car and take her through a side door if possible. But you'll be okay.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Lizbeth - Thx. we think so too. that face saves her a lot! Rick keeps saying that she does weigh 50lbs. which makes me laugh. yes she does but +20.
That's going to be my new trick about how much I weigh too. :-)

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Carolyn, Yep that was our sneaky plan!

Mike said...

My dogs favorite temps are 20 to 40 degrees. He loves it when winter gets here.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Mike - maybe if I don't shave all winter I would too. :-)

"Cottage By The Sea" said...

I could never leave that dog either. How awesome to find a place to stay that you can take her. They'll never do a weigh-in. Just tell them it is a woman's prerogative not to reveal her weight publicly. Also, they'll fall in love with her face and never look past those soulful eyes.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Tia - If we end up under a bridge I'll let ya'll know. Thankfully they don't weigh we humans huh?
We are staying at a Homewood Suites and while they do charge an extra $75.00 for her (for the whole weekend not per night) Still cheaper than boarding her and worrying about her. Besides the city is on a great lake - she will enjoy the water!

Ms. A said...

I only left one of my dogs, one time, at a pet hotel. Couldn't ever do it again! If we couldn't take them with us, we had someone they knew, take care of them. Usually, if there was a place kids and dogs weren't welcome, we didn't go.

Having her with you, should make the trip much more enjoyable! That's a plus when you're trying to rack up good karma!

Anonymous said...

i agree with carolyn. we did that all the way to oregon so as to not have to pay for the chihuahua and cat. no hotel personnel ever even saw (or asked to see) our pets.

have a safe weekend!

danneromero said...

sneak in the back door if you see the weight machine near the front desk...

Julie H said...

She's such a cutie :) Hopefully she'll get off for good behavior!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Tammie - well then it's official we are bringing her in the back door.We aren't going until the
20th or 21st I believe so I have awhile. I just get a bit panicky when I do things like this. Rick, he has no issues about it at all.
Hope all is well in your world!

I'm With Stupid said...

Surreptitious dog boarding is so sexy. Go all secret agent on them. And by the way. Thanks for all the comments on our IWS site Peg. I'll make sure to blogroll ya..Oooooo, that sounded dirty. Cheers!!

Matt-Man

I'm With Stupid said...

Ha...Nevermind...you're already on there. I'm very detail-oriented.

Lifeofkaylen said...

OH yeah, take him with you!!! So sweet looking.
Put a coat on the dog-like a thick one...then if they think they might be looking at a really heavy dog, they'll assume it's the coat. (that's why I wear big coats anyway)

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Kaylen- that's hysterical!! I fear my chubby gal may look worse though....but that's a great idea for me though. :-)