Monday, July 27, 2009

Your thoughts?

I'm sure you've seen this video. I think I was the last person left on the planet who hadn't seen this video. I would like to know what you think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-94JhLEiN0

Any Psychologists out there? For some reason this bothers me a bit.
I realize it was fun and cute and all that but something bugs me and it really bothers me that it bugs me!

Old Fuddy Duddy perhaps?
Not sure I can put my finger on it....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

well.....since you asked...

i had never seen it before. when i first started watching it i thought it was mildly amusing. but then about 2 minutes in, it just started to get annoying and i wanted it to be over. had i been watching it in a scene from a movie, i may have been entertained but in real life it just seems like a bunch of jackasses. (in my opinion)

towards the end i realized it was in a church (at first i just thought it was in a rented building, party hall, etc..), which bothered me as well. and heres the thing, im not religious AT ALL. in fact id go so far as to say that im anti religion, but i know a lot of folks view churches as a sacred place and i think that should be respected.

i still think that the whole thing was silly and kinda dumb but if they had done it somewhere that wasnt a place of worship it probably wouldnt have irked me as much.

oh, and it needed better choreography. :)

tallulah said...

Someone sent me this via Facebook. EVERYONE loved it. I was the only commenter that said I was mortified by it. That should have been saved for the reception. A wedding has grandmas and babies and religious people. A wedding should be a sacred event even if not religious between two people that are SERIOUS about their vows. I give this couple 5 years tops. And yeah, everyone called me a fuddy duddy too.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Tallulah I thought the same. And like Tammie state about herself, I too am not a religious person (AT ALL) but I thought it was disrespectful to those in the church that were. Actually in my family their Catholic Church would never have let that happen. My parents would have been mortified and my Grandmother would have cried. And when my husband saw it he laughed at first but as it went on he looked at me and said, I think I'm horrified. And like you, he said this marriage won't last.

I thought, okay this is it, I am officially an old croonie for sure I am not getting why all my grown ass friends find this amusing. The grey hair, the love of Michael Buble, it's official I'm old.

Thank you for restoring my faith in human kind. Ok, so it's only a few us......

Anonymous said...

I laughed till I cried. It was so lame, disrespectful and a religious abomination; therefor: HILARIOUS!