Monday, March 31, 2008

Monday from hell

What a Monday I am having.
I had this “growth” on my eyelid removed this morning @ 8am. I had it done early because I wanted to be back in the office by 9am.

Dear Lord is it killing me right now. First of all I had it removed 10 yrs ago and the little fucker came back. I had no issues last time. Nada. Had it removed drove home. Stitches melted away. No big deal. No pain, no swelling, no bruising.

Well let me tell you they found a way to make this a helluva lot worse in 10 years. Since when do medical procedures go backwards? As soon as they injected the stuff to numb me it began to swell and from the conversation the doctor was having with the nurse it was bruising right away as well. It feels so weird to feel your eye numb. Anyway I am lying there thinking, “Hmmm.....I have to drive myself home and if this swells a helluva lot more I believe I am going to have an issue. Sure enough it swells more so I now have to drive home with 1 eye. Like my driving isn’t bad enough with 2 eyes.....as hubby will attest. Thankfully I made it home safely.

Right now this fucker is burning and throbbing and just hurts like a bear. I’ll tell ya this was so easy last time that its hard to believe it's the same thing.
My God is it because I am 10 years older now? I can’t take much more of this throbbing and I have a high tolerance for pain. I may have to start medicating here soon. Not always good while working and talking to customers.

But on a good note my rotator cuff is healing quite nicely. As of this weekend I can now lift my arms over my head. Yipee! See what happens when you’re old?... you get the biggest thrill from having use of your limbs. My sad pathetic life....God it’s come to this - I'm writing about my ailments. What next, eating dinner at 4pm?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You never cease to make me laugh!
I am picturing you driving home with one eye. Did they give you an eye patch to wear Matey?

Hope the rest of your week goes better!

Kathy