I sent this link to my friends and all say it goes either clockwise or counter clockwise.
http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,22556281-661,00.html
I found it did both. Hubby says I’m nuts and need a padded room...to him it only goes clockwise. Then I find that 2 of my friends think the same thing as me and they see it go both ways. So are we 3 nuts or are we the ones who are completely enlightened? Hmmm......
Hubby wants to learn Spanish/Mexican whatever.
Every time that damn Rosetta commercial comes on he talks about us either taking a class or ordering these tapes. Everyone including the cleaning woman speaks spanish and we should learn he says.
I just feel it would be easier if they learned English.
I am old and don’t think I can do it.
Besides I do know another language other than American English and that’s Italian.
None of which I can say around those that know Italian but it serves me well in frustrated situations or when I want to refer to someone in front of them and not have them know what it is I am saying about them.
When I was growing up I heard my mother speak Italian all the time. Sometimes when I asked what she was saying she would tell me. But I didn’t find out until I was years older that most of the time she was lying to me. She was either swearing or calling someone something that wasn’t appropriate. My sister and I have come to find out she was even swearing at us at times. Who knew? For some reason I find that funny now as an adult. As kids we used pig latin, in my household my parents used Italian to talk so the kids didn't know what was being said. I bet your parents spelled huh?
My mom always told my sister and me to never say, “shut up” to one another or anyone it wasn’t polite.
“We don’t say shut up to one another, we say please be quite.” My mom said a phrase to my sister and I often when we were arguing over whose turn it was to do the dishes, or her stuff being on my side of the room. My mom would get us quiet by saying something that I couldn’t spell for the life of me here. But we knew it meant to be quiet and stop what we were doing INSTANTLY.
My mom died when I was 13. I found out at age 22 that the word she always used was shut up in Italian. For some reason that still makes me laugh.
Oh how I learned the hard way. I learned that the word she used in frustration was actually fuck you or a variation of and once while playing old maid’s with my cousins I said it. I swear to you my mother’s feet didn’t touch the floor as she flew into the room to slap me and put soap in my mouth for using that word. I didn’t even know what it meant. But I was frustrated, I was the Old Maid 2 times in a row and she said it when she was frustrated...and I was now frustrated.
I was watching Rachel Ray the other day and she kept calling her dish cloth a word in Italian that I had heard for many years by various people in my family.
I smiled because I knew that word. It was actually slang. My mom said it all the time. But did the audience watching know what she was actually talking about? I felt a sense of accomplishment like I had actually done something worthy of such pride.
Right then I realized I did indeed know another language.
So tell my husband to back off I don’t need anymore classes or tapes.
My brain is full.
There are only so many swear words even I can use.
No comments:
Post a Comment