Oh it just kept coming at us on Friday.
It's not like my Friday didn't start off badly with the doctor's offices and my fear of my husbands health but then I had to deal with Mr. Cranky Pants.
I came home on Wednesday night with several bags of groceries only to open the freezer and find things melting. By the time Rick came home he discovered that the fridge was now only keeping things Cool vs. Cold. Rick was convinced it was the compressor. But since I don't know a compressor from a evaporator I decided to just look for my warrenty, receipt, and manual and see what we should do next. (My refrigerator is just under 5 yrs old.)
I called Amana to see about our warranty and service. I took copious notes and asked the young woman’s name. I repeated everything back to her that she told me. She agreed with everything I said and told me that the information was correct. Now the important part of all this is that she told me it would fall under warranty if it was a compressor, evaporator, dryer, door liner, etc. was the issue. She (Kathleen) stated that they would probably ask for $65.00 for a diagnosis fee or some fees and that if the technician did then I should call her back while he is there so she could talk to him because I should not have to pay for any fees because this is under warranty.
She made us an appointment and was nice enough to aplogize for the fact that they just couldn't have anyone out to our home until Friday. I said I'd take it....and she said I had to sit at home from 8a – 5p to await the refrigerator repair man. Okay so you do what you have to do but pray to God he shows up sooner so you can get back to work and your life.
At 5:30pm we called Amana and asked if indeed someone was coming or was it to late and would we have to reschedule? They said he had several appointments before us but that he would definitely be there. Okay that was great to hear. My Gin that is kept in the freezer would be cold again for the weekend. YIPEE!
At 5:45pm we got a call that he was running late and we were indeed his next appointment after the one he was currently just begining to work on. Rick thanked him for calling to let us know and we would be here waiting for him. We actually think now that they probably called the tech a.k.a. Mr. Cranky Pants to see where he was and asked him to call us. Either way we were happy with that service!
At 6:45pm Mr. Cranky Pants rang our doorbell. I was just rounding the staircase and as I stood at the bottom step my husband opened the door. Rick being the ever cheerful warm guy that he is smiled & said, “Hello, welcome....” And as he was talking Mr. Cranky Pants pushed by his arm and walked through the foyer down the hall to the kitchen without more than a grunt. My mouth was agape and my husband and I looked at each other like what the hell just happened here? We walked into the kitchen and I said hello to which he said nothing and kept his back towards me. He just opened the refridgerator and never even looked at me once.
At this point Rick and I are both standing at the kitchen island looking back and forth at each other then at him at the fridge. I think we were both speechless at his behavior at this point and Rick rolled his eyes at me and that made me laugh. Then Mr. Cranky Pants looks at Rick and says, “What exactly is wrong with the refridgerator?” I thought that was odd but Rick knows so no problem. Of course Mr. Cranky pants says,"well we'll see." And not in a nice way but a swarmy rude curt way.
Mr. Cranky pants opens his laptop on the island and finally makes eye contact with me and says this is going to cost you did anyone tell you that? Now that sentence or question sounds harmless enough but I have to tell you he was saying it in such a rude nasty way that took both Rick and I off guard. I shared with him that I spoke to someone named Kathleen from his company. She told me that if you should ask for money or a check that I was to call your company because that was not the case here because this was under warranty and they could discuss it with you.
OMG that about sent Mr. Cranky Pants into orbit. His face got red and he was now screaming at us. I don't even mean talking louding I mean SCREAMING.....About what I don’t even recall at all – he was now a full blown lunatic!
We asked him to calm down but he was on a roll and he was bitching about the long day he’s had and the traffic and it’s 7pm now and he’s still working.
Okay that last one did it for me.
I said, “Okay Mr. Cranky Pants (insert his real name here) I have had to be home all day to wait for you first of all. You are late. You come into my home with an attitude from the get go. You were rude and when you were greeted at the door by my husband you pushed him aside and walked into our home like it was yours and he was an intruder. You never uttered a word to us even after spoken to. When we spoke to you, you either chose to ignore us or grunt and never once did you look at either one of us in the eye. I am sorry you had a bad day but by God that is not my problem. I have bad days all day long and this one isn’t getting any better but I didn’t take it out on you when you walked into my home did I? Now if you would just allow me to call your company we will work this out I am sure.”
He then went off on a tirade about the traffic and having to work this long of a day. And if I thought he was so rude he would leave right now and I could get someone else. He said this twice and I knew that is what he wanted to be off the hook.....not on my watch mister.
The wrath of Margaret was now here....Now the gloves were off with me and I say to him, “I’m sorry your day is long but that is YOUR JOB. Your customer only wants good service and your problems with your job you should bring up with your boss and not take out on your customers it is not their fault. I have been without a fridge for a day and half and am not happy but I am not taking it out on you. As for you leaving right now because we find you to be rude and cantankerous, well you are NOT getting off that easy. That would make you happy but You are here and YOU are dealing with this NOW. We have been waiting for 1 ½ days for you to show up. I am going to call your company now and I am sure we will get the money issue straightened out but you are NOT leaving and being let off the hook.” At which point my husband stood up and is nodding and smiling at me. Hubby is a big boy – Numb nuts is a small fry – hubby is a big teddy bear but if you don’t know him he can look intimating and it worked.
We called the company and got all of the money issues straightened out and then Mr. Cranky Pants got real nice after he got off the phone with them. Hmm...imagine that.
When Mr. Cranky Pants wanted to discuss or ask us something about the issue of the fridge he would only speak to my husband because he was “the man.” Even if I was there and Rick wasn't in the room he would call out for Rick. And each time my husband would tell him to tell or ask me – he did this on purpose because he could tell that this southern redneck felt that women should be seen and not heard.
See why I love this man?........my hubby is the best feminist I know.
Cranky Pants will be back this Wednesday and if he is nice he’ll see that we usually offer things like food and beverage to service people who come to our home to do work. When you act like Mr. Cranky Pants you only get the wrath of Margaret. You've been warned.
No comments:
Post a Comment