Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Dr. Oz

I caught some of a Dr. Oz show on Monday.
For some reason it was on our DVR.
Both Rick and I swear we didn't set that timer so who the hell knows how it got there.
We are just blaming this one on the dog.

Anyhoo Dr. Oz was talking about a metabolism accelerator. 
That peaked my interest so instead of turning it off I turned around and looked at the TV.
Dr. Oz put some tomato juice in a glass, then some horseradish, a splash of hot sauce and a squirt of lime on the side.
Rick and I at the same time yelled at the television, "hey you forgot the damn vodka!"
It sounded just like the makings of a bloody Mary to us.
Which of course made us both laugh.
We do think a lot alike, guess that's why we're still together huh?

So this will be my new excuse on Sunday when I am making a bloody Mary for breakfast.
I am just accelerating my metabolism people!

10 comments:

Julie H said...

I've never drank a bloody mary sounds like a good excuse to have one ;)

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Exactly my thoughts Julie!

Ms. A said...

Great idea and good excuse! Let me know if it works.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Cora - you can bet I'll be having this on Sunday mornin'. I'll let ya know. I may have to try it a few times though to get the accurate picture. :-)

mamahasspoken said...

So does this mean that it will help you loose weight? I mean, I'll drink it just because I love bloody Mary's but this can give me a really good excuse to come to work with vodka on my breath ;o)

Mike said...

Accelerated metabolism? I think Dr. Oz is just looking for an excuse to drink. 'No really folks, it's health food!'

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Mike...that's my story and I'm stickin' to it!
Cheers!

flask said...

weirdness.

i have nothing to say except i was just thinking of you when my inbox popped up a comment from you at my place, which wouldn't be weird at all except that i am up in the wilderness of northern maine at the moment and i happened to be near an open wifi connection.

you maybe can't wrap your brain around this, but out here every so often the;re's a sign on a tree to tell you what rescue section you;re in so the backcountry rescuers can got you out in necesary.

right now i am in a tiny island of a one-street town, about two miles from DESIGNATED RESCUE ZONE 29.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

flask - you see I don't find that weird. But then I'm called that a lot so maybe I'm just comfortable with it.

I can wrap my head around where you are and what you are seeing. my husband was and still is at heart, a wildness man. He would live alone on a mountain top if he could. He met me.
He takes me to these types of places and i have learned to appreciate them. knowing i can come home helps me. He has been "citified" for me. We've made compromises. but if something ever happens to me you'll see him out there in the wildnerness living off the land. :-)
Enjoy and be safe.

a.k.a. Quintina said...

That sounds like lunch to me. Especially if you add the celery. Can' get any healthier. And the vodka kill anything that may have been growing!