Tuesday, September 8, 2026

Winding Down

Yesterday Rick made me very angry. I said nothing because I thought it best to walk away first and cool down.

He came into the room I was in and pulled up his shirt.
Me: What the hell are you doing?
Rick: Showing you my boobs.
Me: Why on earth...
Rick: It always works when you do it.

Damn him anyway.  I laughed, and he was right; it defused the situation.

In other news.
To the 3 or 4 readers I have left, I wanted to share that I will be winding down my blog this month.

I started it once I was downsized and went into our own business. 
I missed the camaraderie and my friends. Most stories had humor.
Now it's just old lady issues.  No fun in that for you or me.

I also feel as though the Canadians are boycotting American blogs, along with everything else, and frankly, I understand it so very well.

So I will be here in September, and then I'm retiring. 
I will continue to read you all, but I won't be writing.

In the meantime, a couple of memes.


This is my favorite place from my hometown of Erie, PA. It is one of the 11 beaches on Presque Isle State Park.  For those not familiar, it's on Lake Erie. We are still calling it Lake Erie right?  He's not changing it because it is an Iroquois Indian name for long tail is he?  Oh wait he isn't that smart to know that. (presque isle is a long tail land mass that juts out from PA into the lake)



                                    Who says I don't have culture?

                                
                           
                        Oh please!! It feels very dark and heavy here.




25 comments:

DB Stewart said...

No need to apologize. Someday we Canadians might have a knob in charge too; there certainly are several idiots who have campaigned for the job.
I'll miss your blog A LOT, but I understand. Take care of yourself and each other. There's not much else we're supposed to do in life, is there? (If only all leaders still understood that, eh?)

Rachael K. said...

Peggy, How will I know that you and hubby are doing ok? Can you email me? I signed in under my G**gle account so I don't know if my email address is visible on your side. I will miss you! I want you to be well. Hugs.

Deep South said...

I have been reading your blog since before u and the Mr. retired and moved. I never made any comments but I did enjoy reading your blog I will be one of the people who will wonder how you and Rick are getting along. Best wishes

Ami said...

I will miss your writings. There's something to be said for writing stuff down, even if you don't think it's particularly interesting to other people. Being able to look back over how you were feeling, what was going on in life and all that has been therapeutic for me. And some of the funnier stuff on my own blog still makes me laugh 20 years later. I encourage you to keep writing, but you need to do what works for you. ::Sigh::

Anonymous said...

I’ll miss you! I love your writing, your stories, and your perspective. Take care!

Lian said...

I’ve been reading your blog for so long that I’m really going to miss the stories about your lives.
You are a wonderful storyteller!
Groetjes from the Netherlands.


Arabella Williams said...

Peg, I am standing in line behind Rachael K - wondering too if we can become email pals... I've read your blog for years & even commented one time...

Anonymous said...

I've never commented but i've been reading from when you were running your own business. Its a tough job maintaining a blog so understand - no fun if it becomes a chore. All the very best!

Nina said...

While I get why you are opting to stop posting, I hope you know how much you will be missed. I have been single since the 1990s, but somehow your stories about yourself and Rick really remind me of the best parts of that relationship. You bring such humor to the trials of life! We will all still be thinking of you and Rick and hoping things are going well.Thanks also for the shot of a good beach at Erie - I'm planning a fall trip there.
Nina

bluzdude said...

I think you underestimate the number of fans and readers you have, who love to hear your stories and what the hell Rick's done now. Maybe you should sent out a monthly newsletter!

We'll miss you.

Stubblejumpers Cafe said...

Let me echo every complimentary comment already given, especially everything my neighbour next door, DB, said; and add just one more thing: PLEASE DON'T GO.
Oh, and I doubt that Canadians are eschewing blogs by Americans -- I'm not -- although if I ever ran across a blogger who supported Assface, I definitely wouldn't be back.
Don't be a stranger. We need your humour at all times, not just these, and to be reminded (as Canadians) that there are intelligent Americans out there.
-Kate

Kathy G said...

Life happens, but you might consider pausing your blogging rather than stopping completely. I will leave your URL in my feed reader and do a happy dance if you choose to pop up again.

Bobi said...

Very sad to hear this news. I rarely comment but read every one. I will miss you. Wishing you well.

Barbara said...

So funny. I FBed Come get Trump and Save Kevin Bacon

Lea said...

Please don’t leave. I’m Canadian and will definitely miss your humour and
also would like to know how you are doing. ❤️🇨🇦

Mr. Shife said...

First off, Rick pulling the reverse-uno card with the shirt is hilarious—unorthodox conflict resolution, but 10/10 for effectiveness!

Selfishly, I hate to hear you're wrapping up the blog. I can tell you for a fact you have far more than "3 or 4 readers," and your humor and perspective will definitely be missed in this corner of the web. That said, I get it; blogging should only happen if it’s bringing you joy, not feeling like a chore. I’m glad you’ll still be poking around our corners of the internet to read.

Unknown said...

I will miss you! It seems like I have read your stuff forever. I do understand. If you can see my email from your end I would love to hear from you.
I will miss Rick also, he sounds hilarious.
JC

Paula C said...

Sorry to hear the blog is ending but totally understand. I hope both you & Rick have a healthy & happy forever!

Anonymous said...

Please count me as another long-time faithful reader who will miss hearing from you! Could you consider just posting with less frequency? There seem to be many here who care about you and Rick! So sorry I have not given you any feedback before now... Your readers DO value what you have to say and how you say it (from the heart and often with humor). I wish you well, Margaret.
Barb from St. Louis

Mike said...

Whaaaaat! But I know what you mean. I took a break and I'm trying to work my way back but Claudia is demanding more of my time. With her being in her transport chair and her dementia and anxiety getting worse I have to be around her more. And being in the same room doesn't count. She wants me right next to her.

So you can do a once a month report to keep us all informed. Do it on the last day of the month. Call the post 'Peggy's monthly round up'.

Don't forget to email me with any crazy shit that happens.

Julie H said...

You can only quit if you email or text me haha

April said...

So sad to hear this. Are you going to leave it up, so people can still read your wonderful adventures from the past? Will miss you!

Abby said...

I will miss reading of your (and Rick's) shenanigans. And where will I go to hear about Wegmans??

Misadventures of Widowhood said...

I guess all good things have to end but I'm sorry to hear you're ending your blog. It does get tiring, sometimes, coming up with topics to write about so I understand. I will miss your political memes, for sure.

It's.a.crazy.world said...

I get it, I really do. I will miss you because you write well, and you're pretty darn funny.
But yours is the only blog that I don't have to sign in just to comment. And that's so nice, I will miss that too. :-)