Monday, July 20, 2026

Pizza

Honestly, if I had known that as an adult that I would have to figure out what to make for dinner for the rest of my damn life, I may have rejected adulthood!

Rick and I went to the local farmers market for veggies and fruit yesterday.
Then I spent the afternoon cleaning and rearranging the pantry.  It also stores appliances and a plethora of things like a wok, etc.  
When I got out of the pantry, I saw what time it was. Oh shit, dinner.  

Rick walked in from the garage all hot and sweaty, and he said to me like I'm a 1950's housewife that he was getting hungry.  
I asked what he was hungry for, hoping he'd say an Arby's and he'd go fetch. 
But nope.
Rick told me he wasn't hungry for anything really. 
He then asked, "What would you like me to cook?"
(you just saved your ass buddy)
I said, " Anything your heart desires."  
He stands in front of the pantry and then fridge and proclaims, "I'm going to go shower."  Where the hell is he going? Now?

I had a gluten-free pizza shell in the pantry.  Now are these good?  Oh hell no, it's more like a cracker crust. Made by a company in Europe, and they are called Schar's. Now, when someone raved to me about it, I had to try them.
When I made and ate this for the first time, I was shocked. 
She raved like this was the best thing ever eaten.  Oh, it was not.
But I now understand. None of them are good, and this one is better than most.
It really does fulfill my pizza craving.

Now to my point.  When Rick got out of the shower, I suggested we do our own thing.  He had leftover lasagna, or he could make a burger, and we still had some potato salad. 
He asked what I was going to make for myself if he had any of the above. 
I told him a white pizza.
He said, "Would you share your white pizza with me?"
"Did you forget this is a gluten-free shell, cardboard of sorts?"
"I didn't forget, but I think a white pizza sounds great"

So I filled my house with the aroma of garlic in the olive oil warming.
We both put together the pizza, and it was fabulous. As Rick said, even on a bad crust, it was 5 stars.  I must learn how to make gf pizza dough. 

This morning when we woke up, we both said simultaneously, "It smells like garlic in here" and laughed.  Thankfully, we both love that smell. My theory is that even though we both brushed our teeth after dinner and in the morning, we probably still smelled like garlic, but if you both eat it, you cross each other out. :-)  That's my theory, and I'm stickin' to it.

Tonight is another lazy dinner. I love these.
BLT's.  We got some great-looking tomatoes at the farmers market, and we have bacon and lettuce.  No, not Taylor Farms lettuce!  That's all we'd need!  With my luck these last couple of years, I'm not eating any fruit or veggies from the grocery store.  This parasite is bad!  But then what parasites are good?  Hmm....






18 comments:

Paula C said...

Against The Grain has a decent GF pizza crust. Much better than that Schar.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

I've not seen that in a store. I will look online. THX!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

You know, cannabis is legal in Canada. We should seriously try to comply with that final meme's suggestion. Everyone in the USA would be a lot more peaceful and mellow if we did! And maybe Trump, that son-of-a-bitch, would shut up and the old lady with dementia would be happy too.

Ami said...

Now I want pizza. What I *really* want is deep dish pizza, but don't know where to get it here.

I also want a shower. And a nap. I know where to find both of those things.

DB Stewart said...

Debra's comment makes a lot of sense, ha.
I would like to also say
1. that I appreciated how you mentioned "parasite" and then that hilarious cartoon featuring the orange parasite, ha.
2. best Great Aunt ever

Susan Kane said...

My husband loves to go out to Arbys, Burger King, etc. We have plenty of food to make here, but he wants to go out for the hunt. It's a man thing.

Julie H said...

Now they are saying it's not Taylor Farms. Someone is going to be getting sued if not. Now that it's just the 2 of us I'm like do we really need to eat?

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

That sounds so lovely Debra. trump quiet? Not until the mortitician glues his lips shut

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Gino"s in Chicago. 😁

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

DB, Wish I could take credit for it. I noticed AFTER I typed it and laughed.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

He doesnt eat fast food often but if he does, he would choose Arby's. "They Got The Meats" ha ha

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

It's become political now. I don't eat out and I will just buy from the farmers market until late fall. Better for us anyway.

Kathy G said...

That last one made me laugh out loud!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

🤣🤣

Abby said...

"like I'm a 1950's housewife" - HA!
I hardly cook at all now that we're empty nesters. We manage to make it up as we go. The garlic aftermath - canceling eachother out - makes sense!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Ive made two things this week. Im done😇

Mike said...

First you get married and then for the rest of your lives try to decide what your going to have for dinner.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Exactly!!