Wednesday, June 3, 2026

In My Neck of The Woods

 A couple of things said around our house this past week that made us both laugh.

* It was said - Catch up on their sleep.
* Ketchup on their sleeves? What the hell does that mean?
That brought on some laughter.  Rick loves it when I don't have my hearing aids.  He thinks I'm funnier.

*For someone who hates people, you are so damn friendly.
I'm sure you can figure out who said that one.

* Dear Lord, you're a handful!
Yeah, well, so are my boobs, we're even (stick out tongue and walk away)

*What are you in the mood for for dinner?
Nothing really.
Good, it's exactly what I felt like making. 

Yes, Rick seems to be coming back.
For the first time since his stroke, he has been like my old Ricky for the last two weeks. Thoughtful, kind, romantic, and a pain in the ass in the most funny of ways.  
Does it take 4 yrs to get yourself back?  Is this a fluke?  
God, I hope not. I've missed this fella so damn much.  
Laughter fills our house again.
Fingers crossed for me, okay?

11 comments:

Barbara said...

OMG. I laughed so hard. It does sound like you two in the old days. If I prayed, I would pray for this. I've heard so much from my friend about her stroke. It affected so many different areas, and what made it worse was that she can not speak clearly and I can't hear well. It makes it so hard for two really old best friends. My fingers are crossed for you - and Rick.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Oh I so understand this. Rick's speech is slurred and I can't hear - makes for funny conversations. I'm sorry about you and your friend. I understand that feeling! ๐Ÿงก

Abby said...

Glad you're getting him back. Fingers and toes crossed

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

I hope so.

DB Stewart said...

Finger and toes and whatever else I can cross. :)

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

❤️

Blondi Blathers said...

That's wonderful news, and may the improvements continue. xoxox Kate

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Thanks Kate!❤️

Lea said...

I have everything crossed for you and Rick. ♥️๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฆ

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Thank you Lea!๐Ÿ˜

Cop Car said...

Wonderful, wonderful, Peg. I am so happy for you and Rick! And...I hope that it lasts for you. It's been a tough few years at your place.