Tuesday, June 23, 2026

Hope

 Busy, busy, busy here. Of course, nothing fun - lots of doctors' appointments.

We were at a neurology appointment for Rick yesterday.
I went to see this Dr. when dealing with back issues. He helped me a lot, but said surgery was my only option, as everyone else told me. He did give me temporary relief, but as he said, "it's only temporary"  

Rick has been having a lot of pain in his left side. The side that doesn't function well since the stroke. His left foot bothers him more, not because of pain, but because he can't walk well. So Rick wanted that addressed first.
His left hand is in constant pain. Hot and cold on it will make him go crazy.
I convinced him he had nothing to lose by seeing him and getting a consultation.

We were 4 people sitting in the small waiting room.
We all had on navy.
I said to the 2 women across from me that I see they too got the memo to wear navy blue. They laughed.

Then, a few minutes later, out of the blue, Rick asked them, "Are you from Michigan?"
Both mouths dropped open. They looked back and forth at one another. 

I turned to Rick and said, "Why did you ask that? Are they wearing something I don't see that says Michigan?"  
"No, I just felt it."
Okay, that is weird.

The ladies asked how he knew it. He told them he just felt it.  Please don't be scared of me.  They laughed and said, "We are not scared, just flabbergasted"

When Rick was called back to see the doctor, it was then just the 3 of us.
The woman asks me if Rick does this often.  I said, "Oh yes, and since the stroke, it's even more now.  I wish he'd feel lottery number for Pete's sake.

The women asked if they could ask a couple of questions, for example, about another time.  I told them recently he awoke and said, "Our niece A is pregnant."
I responded, "No, she's not." I just talked to her. 
Trying, but it's not happened yet. He said, "Yes, it has"
I called A and told her Rick's "feeling". She screamed. I just found out 3 minutes ago - I am pregnant, Peggy. I haven't told even M. yet (her husband). How did he know?  
Beats me, kiddo.

I told them the biggest one for me was 9/11.
I worked in Manhattan even though I lived in DC/VA.
I was leaving very early on the 10th and staying until the 13th.
Rick said at breakfast that he didn't want me to go.
I laughed and said what are you talking about.
He told me he saw tall skyscrapers falling in NYC.
I, being ever the smart ass, ask, well, do you know where, I'll stay away from that part of the city?

Oh, but he was adamant with me not to go. I did go.
We all know what happened the next day!

Then the dr.'s nurse came out and asked for me.
I looked at the 2 women and said, "wanna bet he doesn't know what medication he takes?"  They laughed, and one said, "I could give my husband poison, and he'd take it. He doesn't know his medications either.
We laughed, and I walked back to the area of the dr and Rick.

Rick must have a lot of tests next. He hopes he can help Rick. 
As Rick said later in the car. At the very least, he is willing to try. No one else ever gave him options, just that this is it, buddy. Be thankful you're alive.

We shall see. But this is the 1st time in 3 years Rick has felt hope. 
Hope is always a good thing. 


22 comments:

Julie H said...

I hope they can help him!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Thx Jules, me too!!!

Kathy G said...

Freaky about Rick's premonitions/ESP.

Paula C said...

I am glad to hear that the doctor listened & is very willing to determine how to help Rick. Hope has been something that keeps me moving forward.

Blondi Blathers said...

I've never had premonitions like that, so clear and absolutely believed by me. Now who's psychic!! -Kate

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

He's always been this way. Sometimes its cool, sometimes he knows my grandmother died several hundred miles away. He told me to call home right away. Wild. Like I said, I'd prefer winning lottery numbers and 🤑

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Thx Paula, we all need hope. Some days harder to find than others.😊

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

It's funny you say that because he says he isn't psychic. It's exactly what it is.

Barbara said...

This is wonderful news. Hope is GREAT. I know from all my testing that every time that 1 something works after so many didn't, I'm ready to dance a jig - and that is not a sight you want to see.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Lol. But i so understand that.

Abby said...

Here's to hope!
Weird about Rick's "powers". I've always found it interesting that someone can feel things like that. Wonder what "from Michigan" feels like 🤔

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

He said last night out of the blue. I see a subway accident. And he went on watching his movie. What? He just turned to me reading and said this. Then went back to TV like its nothing. It may never happen...I hope.

bluzdude said...

There must be something about you thar attracts the spooky stuff.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

I'm a witch? LOL

Mr. Shife said...

What an amazing post, Peggy. The navy blue memo and the Michigan coincidence in the waiting room had me smiling, but reading about Rick's renewed sense of hope brought tears to my eyes. It is so huge to finally find a doctor who is willing to try options instead of just brushing him off. Keeping you both in my thoughts for the upcoming tests!

gigimon said...

Try a physiatrist Peggy.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Thx Mr. Shife!!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

We did see one but not helpful at all. But Thx.

It's.a.crazy.world said...

After a few of those accurate feelings, I think I'd start taking him seriously!
Any idea why he's having the pain? I sure hope they can find something to help.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

It's a stroke effect. All neuroloical

gigimon said...

Sorry to hear no help from a physiatrist, I have always found them amazing. How about a pain management specialist?

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

It's not just pain. It's Neurological pain from the stroke. This last dr in a neurology pain specialist.