Friday, February 6, 2026

Lazy Friday

Today is Friday, and it's the first day of the week that I didn't have an appointment to be somewhere. I'm being lazy today. A lot I could be doing, and I am not doing anything.

Last night, Rick and I watched an episode of The Pitt, and then we binged the entire new season of Lincoln Lawyer and went to bed at 4:30am.  That was something we haven't done in many, many years. I made popcorn, and we sat and watched this show to the end of Season 3. I love the show, but honestly, now it's done, and we will have to wait another year  

We tend to get upset when we are doled out an episode a week like Shrinking and The Pitt. We always say we wish we could just watch more than 1 episode, but then, like last night, we'd watch it all and have nothing then to watch.

I know the Olympics are on, and heaven knows that will be 24/7. I will watch some, but  I can't watch it all. I prefer the Summer Olympics if I'm being honest. Not big on skiing. I do enjoy skating, but none of the winter Olympics thrill me. 
I'll watch hockey when it gets towards the end, but again, if I miss it, I'm okay with it. 

I admit I enjoy the hell out of Snoop Dogg's commentary on all sporting events. 

In the meantime, I am waiting for the World Baseball Classic on March 4th. That is more my jam.

I will be going to Duke Eye Center on Monday morning at 8:15am. God, that is early for a one-hour drive, isn't it?  I'm concerned, but I have to think positively. I mean, the powers that be must have others they can throw health shit at and can leave me alone for a while, right? 

In other fun news - This below is my arm after my colonoscopy and endoscopy. I tend to bruise easily, but this one was so dark.  
It's now faded a great deal and is hardly noticeable, really, in comparison.  
I made the mistake of having my arm on the counter where I was picking up my car. There were 3 customers, and we were all talking and laughing about what this young man had said to one of us.  I had my sleeve pushed up, and the young man asked me what happened.  I almost said, "Oh, it's just where my husband got a little rough with the handcuffs."  I said the word, "Oh" and my common sense kicked in and said, "know your audience," and instead I said, "oh it's from a medical IV, no big deal."  

It was odd to me. It was like an out-of-body experience. Look, if I were amongst friends, I'd have said many things, Oh nothing, my husband beats me, or he got a little rough with the handcuffs.  It's what pops into my mind first, being flippant, being sarcastic. What the hell is wrong with me?  So I thought before it came out of my mouth, thank God, and no one was hurt at the repair garage. 


This below gave me a good laugh. It was a video meme. A friend in VA sent it to me, knowing I am from Erie, PA.  Only we kept our shovel. But my hillbilly husband used the leaf blower anyway. 




I saved this for last. I don't get it. I find it rude as hell. One of the comments was  -good! I'm not opening my door to strangers. 
Is a young Girl Scout something to be afraid of? Have we gotten so paranoid that we can't even open the door to buy cookies?  Why is everyone like this?

In our old neighborhood up north, we had kids selling candy for a football team, cookies for scouts, and other items for school programs. Most had their parents with them standing on the sidewalk as the young person came to our door. Why was that something to be afraid of? 

Down here, they talk about not going to your door without your gun. WTF? So every time the doorbell rings, Rick yells out, Ethel, GIT the gun. 
And of course I laugh. But it is so damn sad. 


18 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I rarely binge a whole season of anything all at once, but I do often like to watch 2 or 3 episodes together. It helps me not to forget what I've seen.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Debra, while at first it seems like this makes no sense but I get it. 😀

Kathy G said...

The meme about the remote control is my life :-)

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Me too.

Stubblejumpers Café said...

I'd heard that The Pitt was more medically correct than other popular hospital shows, so decided to watch it. We've seen three or four episodes and I probably wouldn't bother to watch it again (I have to look away whenever there's blood anyway) except I learned that one of the actors is Bryan Cranston's daughter and now I want to see what she can do, because her dad is THE GOAT. What an amazing actor he is.

My gawd you two must be young. Stay awake till 4:30 a.m.? That only happens here when I'm already in bed and can't f'n sleep.

-Kate

Stubblejumpers Café said...

I say things in jest that I really shouldn't, because people don't know for sure. -Kate

Stubblejumpers Café said...

For example: an old acquaintance from high school tells me he's getting married. I reply, "Oh, so you're not waiting for ME, then?" For a moment, he's wondering ...

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

See? Now thats something I'd say as well. 🙂

Cop Car said...

I do that, too, Kate & Peg. I congratulate Peg on thinking about her audience. Well done. While I'm here, I can't help adding, "You git yore clothes on, Ethel!!"

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Cop, put your clothes on? Pray tell what are doing at your house? Ha ha ha

Julie H said...

Everyone is paranoid these days. I used to sell cookies all over my neighborhood as a kid then had to drag around my brother's wagon to deliver them all. No big deal haha.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

I delivered on my bike. I had a basket. Once I pulled my little sisters wagon. Dad's great idea, but it worked😁

It's.a.crazy.world said...

I don't think we should berate ourselves for binge watching a great show. The selections these days are less than desirable. Romeo and I watched Britain's Best Woodworker, but as it was only 2 seasons, it didn't take long to go through that! Rick might like that one. I would like to watch The Pitt, but I haven't subscribed. I may have to bite the bullet and do it!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Shrinking is superb. Thought provoking, funny, emotional and just damn good writing. This current season thus far is the best. You could just do a trial of HBO. And then binge the 2 seasons in a week. 😁im a bad influence, don't listen to me.

Abby said...

Binge watched until 4:30! I think I would've nodded off.
I can't remember the last time a girl scout came to our door. They typically set a table up outside a business. I remember one troop setting up outside the Harley Davidson shop - made a killing!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

We each had a nap so that helped. I saw them outside a dispensary up north and I thought, smart girl scouts!! We weren't allowed to do that when I was a scout. My bike was how I sold. Truth be told with my huge family and only Girl scout I won most sold. The only advantage to that enormous family.

Cop Car said...

I was going for the last chorus of "The Streak" by Ray Stevens:

SPOKEN: Once again, your Action News reporter in the booth at the gym covering the disturbance at the basketball playoff. Pardon me, sir, did you see what happened?

SPOKEN: Yeah, I did. Halftime, I's just goin' down there to get Ethel a snow cone. Here he come, right outta the cheap seats, dribblin'. Right down the middle of the floor. Didn't have on nothin' but his Keds! Made a hook shot and got out through the concession stand. I hollered up at Ethel, I said "DON'T LOOK, ETHEL!!"..Too late. She'd already gotten a free shot. Grandstand. Right there in front of the home team.

Whoa, yes they call him The Streak <"zipppp" kazoo sound>

CLOSING: Not totally decipherable because 3 things are going on at once. Ray is singing a verse and the backup singers are doing (Looka dat, looka dat) while Ray, on an overlaid track is speaking "Ethel! Is that you
Ethel? < He's just as proud as he can be > What do you think
you're doin? < He gonna give us a peek> You get your clothes on !!"
Whoa, yes they call him The Streak <"zipppp" kazoo sound>
"Ethel, where you goin'? < He likes to show off his physique> Ethel, you
shameless hussy!!" invitin' public critique> Say it isn't SO, Ethel!!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Cop, ah the Ray Steven's song. I remember that one. Sorry I missed the reference.