Is Sunday the end of the week or the new beginning? I'm going with the ending.
It is a cool and rainy gray day here in the Southeast.
It's been raining all day. I absolutely love days like today. I've been piddling around and not really accomplishing anything.
I did watch the Bruce Springsteen movie. I think Jeremy White did a fabulous job. The movie, to me, was not well done. I also didn't like that it skipped many of the things Bruce himself wrote about in his life. This didn't seem linear to me. But it was a movie on a rainy day.
I also made a 3-ingredient soufflé. I haven't made this in a good long time, but I love this cake. (we call it a cake) It's 5 eggs, cream cheese, and sweetened condensed milk. That's it. Oh, there is the egg separating and only whipping the egg white first. But it's not difficult, and we both love it. I made it for my birthday one year ago, and my friend and her son liked it so much that they've now made it a few times. And it's gluten-free, so I can eat the whole damn thing if I want.
This coming week I have only 1 dr appointment, and honestly that makes me happy.
But as far as weeks go, this last couple have been hum-dingers.
The things people have said to me knock me out. Rick asked me if I told you all about the young nurse. I told him I forgot. So here is what she said to me.
I got off the doctor's table, and she handed me this piece of paper and then just looked at me. I smiled, and she said, oh so innocently, "I bet you were very pretty when you were young."
Yes, she thought that was a compliment. So I just smiled. What does one say to that remark?
I think that I should be given a reward or gift of some importance for my restraint from bitch slapping her and telling her I was ugly when I was young, too!
24 comments:
Well that's fuckin' rude. But to be charitable, perhaps being young means she stupid. Guess you should have asked her. LOL
🤣🤣 I was so taken aback I just said nothing. Then in my car I laughed and couldn't wait to tell Rick. We went to dinner Friday and I was dressed outside of leisure wear. I came down the hall and he said, Wowsa. You look.nice. I bet you were pretty when you were young!. I gave him the bird.
Oh dear, what a horrible thing to say! You showed remarkable restraint. But she needs a lesson in ageism.
Thank you for understanding that it took restraint. What would you have said? I so wanted to say, no i was ugly in my youth too, just to see her face.
Holy cow! What an idiot! Somebody definitely needs to give this imbecile (too strong? not really) a course in adulthood. And someone should do one of those photos showing her as an aging person, give it to her for Christmas. You absolutely deserve an award for showing restraint. Gotta love Rick.
Nina
I would gently point out the young nurse's mistake to the admin at the practice.The next person she 'compliments' may not take it as well as you did.
Yes indeed he made me laugh! And I like the term imbecile. It fits. Geez that word isn't used enough😁
Kathy, I wish I had done it in the moment but I was so gobsmacked I didnt think of it. When I return I may just do this!!
My daughter baked a cake for Valentine's Day for us. It was really tasty. On Friday I get my new chair, the one that will allow me to stand up. It's been very difficult for me to get up.
My friend Richard died last week. We spent a long time in school and then he moved to the states. He was my best buddy when we were young.
Im sorry for your loss Paul. I hope the chair helps you. It sure helped my grandmother!! My mother now uses it.☺️
Hah! I had some young work friends tell me the same thing, years ago. I had brought in some old pictures and one of them said, ,"Oh, you used to be cute!"
I was like, "K, thanks, If you need me, I'll be over here throwing myself out of this window..."
Yep, thats how it felt! Its shocking that some people say these things!! Maybe i need to get a Mar-lar-go face. 🤣🤣
A backhanded compliment for sure. And she's probably not smart enough to realize it.
haha best response!
Obviously or she wouldn't have said it. Sadly, now Rick is saying it. I may have to make 'it' look like an accident!😇 I may get on Dateline yet Mike.
What in the world was that nurse thinking?! Kudos to you for not losing your cool. Geez.
What would you have said? I am not usually at a loss for words but I was gobsmacked and honestly that for the best. I may have been rude right back.
Since it's always the husband, you'll be in the clear. "You should see what he did to himself!"
Omg that's a hoot!!
Peg, you probably WERE pretty when you were younger but now you've outgrown it and are beautiful!
The kindest response I could come up with is, "I'll take that as a compliment." Do you think she will be permanently warped from chastising herself for such a faux pas?
Well Cop, I should have.
"...when you were young" OMG, what a thing to say! I think I would've been speechless too. I wonder if she realized the un-compliment as soon as it left her mouth.
Somehow I doubt it. :-) Now it's a joke around here.
Post a Comment