I finally got some good news. The biopsy was all clear. Yipee.
However, I must say that having to wear a bra for 2 days, 24/7, is not fun.
The hospital called me in the morning on Wednesday. I had already seen the outcome in my chart, so I knew all was good. This nice woman asked about swelling and pain. I told her I was fine. Nothing bad. She said, "You're keeping your bra on now, aren't you?"
I laughed and said I was. I also said, "Your firm directions were to wear this for 24/7 for at least 2 days, and that I could shower after my procedure. So am I showering with my bra on?"
She laughed and said," I see your point. What did you do?"
I told her I skipped the shower, and I am a stinky girl for the day.
I told her I was going to cheat last night, and I began to take off my bra when my poor bruised boob let out a scream, so I put her back in the bra."
She laughed and told me that she hears that all the time, everyone wants them off until they feel the pain of what it's like when it's off." Seriously, I wasn't expecting that. I also don't understand why it hurts to let it go, but it feels better encased in a damn bra. It was just a teeny tiny little hole.
Spring has sprung around these parts. It's 70 today, and tomorrow. Then it will return to the high 40s and 50s. Spring here, I have learned, is a bit schizophrenic. Trees all have big, huge buds that look like they will be exploding soon. And the sneezing will commence. Better to sneeze than freeze, I say.
I'm off to make banana bread. I realized I didn't have walnuts. Rick said he likes pecans better anyway, so use them instead. Eww.
I will because I don't wish to run out for walnuts. He reminded me I won't be eating it anyway, so why do I care? Hmm, good point.
Well, I was hoping to make it GF, so maybe now I just won't.
I don't need banana bread anyway.
Ya'll can stop by for a slice with a cup of coffee a bit later if you'd like 😁
I'll let you know how it works
My baking mojo has been off of late, so let's give it a try.
36 comments:
Wonderful news about the test results!!! YAY!!!!
We don't get banana bread here, when the bananas are getting a little smooshy I use them to make my daily smoothie. I live for that smoothie during my busy work day afternoons.
My husband prefers his banana bread to be female. No nuts.
Ami, I'm 'thinking that is what I'm making , the female version. Not a fan of smoothies and certainly don't wish to drink my bananas. Hell I only eat them just as the green is leaving so soft bananas in a shake makes me gag. but hey go for it....lol
Good news indeed! I'm happy for you! And I'm with Rick -- I prefer pecans over walnuts in banana bread too.
You pecan weirdos!
Fantastic news!! I am so happy to hear this. GF banana bread can be made with Bob's Red Mill flour & it's pretty good.
Thx Paula. GfJules is my go to flour. I've used Bob's but GfJules is superior in every way. No rice flours which can be gritty. GfJules is a chef who got diagnosed with celiac. Her stuff is so very good. (Pizza dough!!)
Super about the biopsy result.
I hear you about wearing the bra all night. I had to, for a couple weeks. That sucked but beats the alternative for awhile when your boob feels like an anvil. -Kate
First of all, congratulations on the clear biopsy—that yipee is well earned and the news you’ve been waiting for. I’m also laughing at your “stinky girl” phase and your bra‑related negotiations with the hospital; it’s a very specific kind of indignity, and you’re handling it with exactly the right mix of humor and horror.
Thx Mr. Shift. Hey, its all better than the nurse in the previous post!
Yes, better than an anvil. 😃
I apologize, my fat fingers typed your name incorrectly.
Good news. I'm so surprised to learn about the bra thing. I had not heard you had to wear it 24/7 for 2 days. Damn. That's as bad as it gets if you ask me. I'm sure I would have tried taking my off too. Ugh. Hope the pain goes away soon.
I'm so glad you got such wonderful News, that must be quite a relief.
We are having the same off and on spring here. I was wearing shorts and a t-shirt today. It's supposed to be in the 40s tomorrow.
Barbara, you are so right. The bra thing i did not expect or the pain that would happen when it is off.
Yes, it was !
Still better than piles of snow!
I'm thrilled with your outcome, Peg. Yay!
That 24/7 bra thing is a new thought, to me. I had a breast biopsy on my 56th birthday (mentioned it before - they stuck needles into my breast, so they knew where they were working by the fluoroscope/x-ray/whatever they used - ouch!) but was not told to wear a bra. 32 years later, I do not remember whether there was pain following the procedure.
Well if you don't remember thats actually good. I'm hoping I'll forget there was pain associated with this.
Yay! Such good news!
Glad you got good news!!!!
Beautiful news on the biopsy.... Cindy
Thank you Jean!
Thanks Rachel!
Yes it was. Thx Cindy.
Such. Good. News. Except for the walnuts...no one wants those ;)
Yahoo about the biopsy! Our oldest daughter wasn't so lucky. Not quite two weeks out from a mastectomy--no shower yet.
Sheila, I am so very sorry. I hope she will be fine once she gets through this. Im sending love and healing thoughts!
Not you too! I ended up using pecans. The compromise being half what was called for so I could enjoy too. Damn it was very good too, if I say so myself.🫠
Firstly, WHEW!
Oops, hit "publish" by mistake. I had a few other things to say...
But yeah, WHEW! I'm so glad your biopsy was negative, you need that kind of negativity for a change.
I assumed you would make GF banana bread, but I guess you're taking one for the team. I'd love to share a slice with you and coffee.
Well c'mon over. I must say you'd never know it was GF. It was yummy if I do say so myself.😀
Be right over! TG that the biopsy came back clear woohoooooooo
You better hurry Julie. Its almost gone. 😁
I'm so happy with your results Peg. MaryLou's results weren't good. bones are getting poor and she ha\s to make decision soon of what to do.. For me, I got my chair and I lOVE it. When ever we have left over bananas, MaryLou makes banana bread. Oh by the way my friend, men are so lucky bot having to wear a bra. See ya.
Cruisin Paul
I'm so glad that you are free and clear!
Post a Comment