Boy oh boy, I sure got everyone all riled up about the shoes, didn't I?
I learned there are inside shoes that apparently aren't your slippers and outside shoes. I found that interesting. I learned something new yet again.
I have doctor's appointments galore before the end of the year - trying to do this all before my new deductible hits again at the first of the year.
My shoulder was barking Sunday night, something awful. I took some ibuprofen and announced that I was not doing a damn thing the rest of the evening. I was going to sit.
Rick laughs at me. But normally, if I'm sitting, I'm folding clothes, or reading, even playing my favorite puzzle game on my phone, but never to just SIT.
Rick said he wanted to watch 60 minutes. I saw the subject and said, "you go ahead that is not a topic I wish to watch. I'll go in the bedroom and watch tv. He said for me to stay put and we'll find something we can both watch.
We do not watch football and honestly, that is all that is ever on local channels here from Friday nights through Sunday. They love their football down here. Rick then jumped to Netflix. He saw a brand new game show hosted by Neil Patrick Harris. I said, "Sure, what the hell."
This is a brutal game. So many twists and turns. I got into it and Rick said, "This isn't like you." I know! I'm more of the Password kind of gal.
Of course, the team I wanted to win did not. But it was fun.
We watched all 6 episodes.
The game is called 'What's In The Box? if you wish to check it out.
Monday morning, we learned that CBS was told to yank the story that 60 Minutes was to air. Trump was furious about the piece.
WTF, am I living in Russia?
So we could have watched 60 minutes because it wasn't about the pain of trumps deportation. God, I wish Canada would let us in. I also read that because this is global, Canada already had it and ran it. Damn, I love you, Canada.
But I did enjoy that fun game as a wonderful diversion from life.
Give it a go.
One more fun thing for me is Kathleen Madigan
I listen to her podcast. I watch all her specials.I LOVE comics. Back in the late 80s /90s there was a show that showcased comics weekly. Good ones. We recorded it, yep, on VHS.
When we moved, we finally tossed them. We no longer had a VCR so not like we could watch them again. I saw Kathleen in a tile on YouTube so I had to check it out. A comedian named Bret something was was interviewing her. I don't care for this comedian, Bret, he does shows without his shirt on. He's heavy too. It's not a good look, and I don't find him funny.
But the interview was funny to me. A good ole midwestern gal from St. Louis, I believe. The stories about her parents are what kill me. They are so funny and for me relatable.
I have a friend who is horrified by my parents comments to me over the years. I laugh and say, but can't you see the funny? She can't. I may tell one or two tomorrow.
10 comments:
Kathleen Madigan went to the same high school I graduated from (although she's six years younger than I am).
I loved Kathleen Madigan. She was funny.
Merry Christmas Peg & Rick.
Cruisin Paul
Merry Christmas Paul!๐
Well now I know how old you are, you young 'en! Merry Christmas Kathy!๐
Madigan is from St. Louis.
I've been collecting jpgs of women shoes. Really interesting shoes. One day I'll post them.
I enjoyed the video, first time I've seen one of her routines. My favourite bit was at the end about doomsday preppers being married, lol.
Foot fetish Mike?
Oh good. I just love her. Her newest special on Prime, was not her best I feel. And Debra i know everyone gives a shit about what I think.๐ Thank you the card. It was thoughtful and beautiful, like you! Merry Christmas๐
Love Kathleen Madigan. Could you imagine hanging out with her? What a blast I imagine that would be.
By the way, I have inside shoes that are not slippers for when I'm doing work around the house and need the support. I also have slippers for lazy time. Merry Christmas, Peggy!
She would be a fun hang. I just washed my entire house so i'm now in my barefeet. I so love to be barefoot. While watching her do that interview on you tube she was sitting on a sofa. Her feet did not dangle but went straight out. Rick said, she must be the same height as you. Guess so. You too i bet.
Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment