Wednesday, November 26, 2025

Odd Only To Me

 Well it appears I offended some with my last post. I apologize to those offended. While I found it odd because much worse has been written here, I never wish to offend, so I sincerely apologize.

My least favorite holiday is upon us.  I really dislike the food. Not even going north so it will be a quiet holiday for me.

I wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving!!
🦃

33 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I hope you didn’t mean me! I was not offended, more saddened? Maybe appalled was too strong a word. Anyway, I hope you enjoy a comfortable holiday. That’s what I’m going for here. Olivia

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Well, may I just say that the easily offended should NOT come over to my blog today because I am busy rolling in the gutter posting vulgar memes and laughing like a. hyena!

Kathy G said...

It's your blog and you get to post what you want. People can read or not read; if they need to clutch their pearls that's on them.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Be right there!!🏃‍♂️

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

😍

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Sadly no, not just you commented negatively🫣

Cruisin Paul said...

Peg, you have never offended me throughout all the time we've been friends. I hope that we are friends.
Have a happy Thanksgiving even though you don't like it. I will be watching the Detroit Lions game.

Cruisin Paul

Susan Kane said...

I totally understand you. T-giving is not my favorite either. I am a Christmas dinner person. Any event that focuses on the big big dinner is not for me.

Ami said...

I hate Thanksgiving. I don't like any of the food except for dinner rolls and ranch dressing, lol. My son makes a ham and brings it, otherwise I'd be eating not much of anything. Did you have a post up that I missed? Also, people get offended. Let them. Who gives a shit?

I like the excuse of the day itself because my kids and their spousal units come over for dinner and we all just hang out.

Rosieposie said...

Oh lord I laughed like crazy. Guess I find sarcasm, innuendo, offbeat humor, laughs, in general, far better than the current doom and gloom. I’m with Debra.no one makes you read what you don’t like.

Anonymous said...

I’m sorry to have upset you. Olivia

Unknown said...

I thought it was hilarious! But I love stuff like that all the time.
I used to love Thanksgiving but other than getting together with family, I am kind of "'meh" anymore.
I let too much of the news cycles get to me, might me time to go back underground.
JC

Paula C said...

A quiet holiday here too. Just the 2 of us. Hope you had a wonderful day even though it's not your favorite.😁

Barbara said...

Whatever it was I didn't catch it. The Titz part? Oh well. F if they can't take a joke

DB Stewart said...

Kathy's clutching pearls comment, lol. Insert fist bump here (for her and for you too).

Lea said...

Just want to let you that you never offend me. I enjoy your blog and humour.
BTW I’m 81 years old and was born in one of your favourite cities. 🇨🇦♥️

Cop Car said...

Just returned 2 books to library having read about 25 pages and 50 pages, respectively, and thinking that libraries should put ratings (not bans) on books so we know what we are getting. (No, the blurbs bore no warning that every fifth word would be an F-word or similar.)
That said, and allowing that I was not particularly enamored of the posting in questing, I was not offended - and - I loved that you shared your untoward nickname.
Keep on sharing (and post a rating at the top????). I find your openness refreshing.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Thx Cop. I realize what Rick and I say to one another can offend some. We've been like that for 40 yrs so I don't always think of how it must be to others.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

YEA YYZ. Need a roommate? I so wish to move to your country! Thanks for reading me Lea.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

DB, thx you. But it's still something I guess I should be aware of. Of at the end of a sentence is wrong too. LOL

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Barbara, thanks. ((hugs))

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

I hope you had a nice one too Paula!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

I need to go underground JC. Or jump off a cliff.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Rosie, everyone was nice about how they 'complained' via email. I get it. Alls good

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

I had a bowl of GF cereal. LOL

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

I hope you at least had a nice day!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Sorry about your Lions. The only reason I know is my best buddy is a Lions fan so I look for the scores, just not the games. Have a wonderful weekend my friend!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Olivia, it's really okay. All is good. I got a couple of emails so don't worry, not just you.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Long time lurker...now thats funny. Thx for hanging 'round 😄

Julie H said...

Me wondering why they were offended...

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

I got 3 comments. All varied. Its all good. It is what it is

Abby said...

Personally, I like Thanksgiving for what it celebrates, but I'm not a fan of the traditional foods. This year, I made chicken adobo (Filipino dish) in true non-conformist fashion.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

okay what does it celebrate to you? Being away from the Brits or being with family? I think chicken adobo sounds wonderful. You may adopt me. :-)