Late last evening, I got a call from L. (my old neighbor, the medium)
She asked if we could move our appointment to next Sunday.
She had a busy day, and she was mentally fried last night, She said the readings were emotional, and she needs a break. I understood that. She said that she really wishes to be on top of her game when I speak with you. I was fine with that. I am not paying her, so I am at her disposal on her calendar.
What is funny is that I went to my calendar and saw that I wrote it for next week at 11a.m. Wild. I did the wrong thing, but it turned out right.
This coming Saturday, Rick and I are going to a murder mystery dinner.
It's in NW Raleigh, and it's a long night. I am concerned about Rick, but we're going for it. Neither of us wishes to be the designated driver, so we are staying at the hotel where this is being held. Thankfully, I had points. Whew.
I admit I am running out of points since I no longer travel, but this was a good use. I want to have fun and not worry about that drive home, which I would have to do.
When I got the tickets, it stated the dress code was business casual. I don't have a problem with that since I am schleppy on most days. But I did find it unusual.
Hopefully, this won't be a dud.
In the meantime, it's glorious outside, and I must get out there.
I need my vitamin D.
You know why it's nice out? Because we put all things under the gazebo for winter, along with covering the sofa and chairs. All the flowers are gone.
So now it's in the 70s, and we wish to sit out there. Oh well. We have chairs around the table. We've been here 3 years. We may never get the hang of their "seasons"
22 comments:
You must tell your medium neighbour that you're psychic too!
That murder mystery evening and hotel stayover sounds like such fun! I went to a similar event for a friend's milestone birthday party a few years ago. What a hoot! We also had to come in costume as our favourite detective. The Rare One was Sherlock Holmes and I was Dr Watson.
Well thank goodness we don't have to be in costume. But I bet you rocked S&W 😊
Have fun at the murder mystery. A couple we know went to one and were reluctant but ended up having so much fun they signed up for another. I really look forward to the reading review.
I've been to a murder mystery, but it was decades ago. Dressing in costume was optional, but we went all out for the Roaring Twenties theme.
Overnighter murder mystery trip - great idea!
I washed and stashed my summer clothes, now we're in the 70's too, but I really can't complain.
How intriguing about your psychic reading calendar entry. *cue twilight zone music*
I love the idea of the murder mystery dinner ~ sounds like so much fun. I think it was a great idea to spend the night in Raleigh.
Last year Romeo covered the outdoor furniture completely, but this year I'm only going to cover the cushions so they don't get wet ~ which will make it easier to uncover if we have a spell of nice weather.
I hope that you & Rick enjoy your evening. Have a great dinner and murder mystery.
Cruisin Paul
hmm...good to know. I'll let you all know next week.
I don't know that we'd go if we had to go in costume so I am glad we don't.
Abby, I did the twilight music when I told her that. Funny! I too put away my summer clothes and today brought out the shorts and a Tshirt. I was wearing fleece!
well you are smarter than me!!
Aren't you blogging anymore Paul?
Darn. I was ready to hear what the psychic said. We do want her to be fresh so a wait is a good idea. So is staying at the hotel. Smart move and I think you will be more comfortable with the dinner knowing you don't face that long drive home.
My thoughts exactly Barbara!!
Unfortunately my bog got hacked very bad and I decided to no longer blog. I've had two blogs and both were hacked so I decided to enjoy yours. I had a friend in England, Steve's and even his has blog is no longer there.
Cruisin Paul
Have fun! We have rain here off and on this week. Between that and it being dark before 5 I just want to sleep.
Oh Julie I hate the time change so much. Dark and depressing, which is not a plus come winter!
Oh I'm so sorry about that Paul! Well you're always welcome here. How's Mary Lou doing?
MaryLou is still having problems. She was to have a back scan and she gets there and they told her that the machine was broken and she has to wait until next Wednesday. I'm so upset with these idiots.
Cruisin Paul
Sweetpea and I do that too... getting a room when you have a late night out for a concert or other event. It really reduces the stress of having to fight the parking lot, traffic, and bleary-eyed drive home. Makes it like a mini-vacation.
and hotel sex. lol
Absolutely!
Post a Comment