Sunday, November 23, 2025

Murder Mystery

Our Murder Mystery Dinner Theatre event was held in a very nice Embassy Suites in Raleigh.  

I used to stay at Embassy Suites every time I had to go to Rosemont Illinois for training of some sort.  Our office headquarters was in Rosemont.
I always like them, and I had the remaining Hilton Honors points to use so another reason to stay the night.
This was far nicer than anyone I've stayed at.  We checked in around 3pm.

Being a guest at the hotel gave us 2 free drinks at 5:30p.
Ole Rick and Margaret got started a bit earlier at the bar. 
Then our free drink in a rotunda type area.

Then at 6pm the event started.
Now upon check-in they went over our tickets and our meal selection.
Then 2 'FBI agents' (women) with badges and the like were at a table that we had to go to next.  On this table were name tags and markers.

The first FBI agent saw me write Margaret. She LOUDLY says, NO NO NO, your name must be your nickname.  I said Peggy.  NO NO NO. So my husband grabbed a marker and wrote on a name tag and slapped it over my right boob.  Tits Malitz.
OMG.  I rip it off. 

Now the 2 'FBI' agents grabbed it from my hands and say, Nope that's your name.  Then the shorter one says, "This is the best damn name ever, I love it." Then she moved me into the room where this took place. We were to be seated at Table 5.

We had a very nice and funny group at our table. Inspector Gadget, Yo Adrian, Lala, Slick Rick, etc.
This is when I wished my hair were long enough to cover this name tag.

We were given a sheet of paper with all kinds of questions to ask people in the room. It also had a place for us to take notes. I went around the room and asked questions.  I held my paper in my hand in such a way that my name tag was hidden.

The "show" goes on, and an FBI agent called someone to the center of the room for all to see and interrogated him. It was funny as hell.
Then that little shit FBI agent had me go up. I said, "No, that's okay." 
She laughed and held her badge in my face and everyone laughed as she told me this was not a request - get up!

Me, wanting to die or fall through the floor, am standing there in the middle of the circular area for all to stare at me.  This is something I don't care for!!

FBI -Tell us your name - 
Me: It's right here as I point to my name tag, hoping I'm far enough away that the room can't read it.
FBI: I need you to say it (my God, she was grinning ear to ear)
Me: Tits Malitz
FBI: fascinating!! (dear God, everyone is howling now)  
FBI: Where were you on the night of....
Me: I don't recall
FBI: When was the last time you lied?
Me: A few minutes ago.😀
FBI: Have you ever committed murder? 
Me: Never
FBI: Have you ever wanted to murder someone? (law and order music)
Me: Oh, sure, a couple of people
FBI: When was that, Ms. Malitz?
Me: Recently
FBI: Who would that 'couple of people be'
Me: Oh, just my husband and a president.

That received a big round of applause, so they let me sit down.
I said to Rick, I'm gonna kill you for this! He, of course, found it funny.

Inspector Gadget at my table asked about my name, the second name, he says. I understand how you got the first name. Everyone at the table laughs. I want to get under the table.
I explain that my maiden name was Malizia.  People would say, Hey, Malitz.
Rick added the first name. Aah, everyone at the table says in unison

The meal was dry chicken with a great sauce and roasted potatoes and veggies.  Bread bowls and cake, etc.  I ate my veggies and potatoes.  The chicken was terribly dry, and I just couldn't eat more than 2 bites.  It sucks to be celiac. The chocolate cake looked so good.  Rick took a bite and said, "It's dry too!"  He didn't even finish it. So maybe it was good that I couldn't eat the bread, the cake, etc, since everything was dry.
So I went to the bar and got another drink. Very Dry Gin Martini. 😁

There were 2 of us who chose the correct murderer.  They put our names in a hat, and the other person was chosen. They got a $100 gift card to somewhere.  I did not get all the clues, but I knew it had to be Barb Wire.
She was a character for sure. Those at my table kept saying no, she couldn't have.  

All in all, a very good time was had by all.  
We got our free, very good breakfast this morning and then headed home.
Love to go places and love to come home.

So that you can hear the pronunciation of Malizia, if you are so inclined, hit this link. Then you will understand the Malitz part.  

12 comments:

Kathy G said...

I'm glad you decided to be a good sport about being pulled into the spotlight.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Like I had a choice. Everyone was so nice too.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Pardon me for saying so, but I think "Tits Malitz" is a great nickname! I assume "Slick Rick" was the culprit's own nickname?

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Oh Debra, everyone did but me. Yes, the culprit was Slick Rick.

Julie H said...

Well that sounds fun!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Julie, it really was. Lots of laughter which I need in my life right now

Paula C said...

I'm so glad you had some fun. A night away can really help you relax. Now you just need to get Rick back! 😁

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

From your mouth to God's ear

Anonymous said...

I’m kinda appalled by Rick’s action, but if it’s ok by you, then ok. I love the pronunciation of your last name, in Italian, but I’m sure Americans butcher it. What great fun for a weekend break! Olivia

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Oliva, im sorry. And yes no one says it correctly or they say there isn't a T in in. I always, there is no T in pizza either, just sound like it. 🙂

Abby said...

Good job, Tits! Seemed you should've also gotten a prize for figuring out the murderer and putting up with that nickname 😝

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Sadly I've had it since high school. I agree, I should have gotten a prize