Last night I watched Stephen Colbert.
John Fogerty was on. My God, he's 80. I felt old.
I love CCR. But his voice is gone. He sounded terrible.
There comes a time when one must retire. Must be difficult for those with a talent when it begins to fade.
I guess I'm lucky. I don't have an ounce of talent in any one given thing, so at least I have that going for me. :-) No disappointment that my talent is fading away, never had it to begin with.
In other news, we have a service agreement with our heating/AC company. They come out in the fall and spring to check everything so that we are good to go for that season. We have turned on the heat a couple of times, and soon it will be full-time, so it was time to have our annual check-up.
When we moved here, we had an issue with the heat. We called this company late at night and they came and were the utmost in professionalism and customer service. They asked if we wanted a service agreement, and we said sure, not knowing what this house held for us.
It's paid for itself. whew.
Rick changed out the filter last week. The man who came has been here before so he kids around with us. He said, "Did you just change your filter because I was coming?" Rick laughed and said he didn't know he was coming, so nope, he did not. That was just lucky I guess. He said most folks don't change their filters, so he assumed he was guilting us. No, it's actually something we do. He told us to tell our neighbors. Now I told Rick he was coming, but that was weeks ago. Then I reminded him last night.
His new brain is a sieve. Sadly, it wasn't much better before the stroke.
(bad wife)
This company is always on time, go figure. The appointment was from 9-11. I told Rick to be dressed because they are always on time. He huffed. Guess who rang the doorbell at 9:05am? Rick wasn't dressed. But unlike me, it doesn't bother him to be in PJ bottoms and a t-shirt with people coming to our home.
I mentioned that to him after Jayden left (yes, we are on a first-name basis)
Rick said, "It's different for me, I wear clothes, just not nice ones."
"You don't wear anything on the bottom, just my shirt."
"Oh, that," I laughed. Well, so does Winnie the Pooh and everybody loves him. So picky.
One of my favorite Vietnam songs -
17 comments:
I was a big CCR fan back in the day too!
Oh my God, the Creedence Clearwater, " It Ain't me " I remember dancing in the gym to that music or was that after my wedding or was hell I can't remember. I think I'm getting to old now.
Cruisin Paul
He looked good for 80 but he sounded....well 80.
LOL. Glad you liked it!!
I had that sad moment about five years ago when a friend sent me a recent video from Gordon Lightfoot. He looked and sounded very old. I've noticed I can still sing, but I definitely don't have the range I used to have. Not that I'm performing anymore.
I run around in nothing but a giant t shirt most of the time. Once in awhile I get dressed for work, but as soon as I'm home, back to the shirt.
Good you got the furnace contract thing goin', gotta save everywhere we can, huh?
Nothing better than a big mans shirt!
Fortunate Son is one of the most powerful anti-war songs ever written and performed. Seething rage is injected into every lyric and every beat.
I met Fogarty backstage on a solo tour around 1987 or so, and would have told him that but we weren't allowed to mention anything about CCR.
Did you see him on Colbert Tony? He talked about those years. Glad he got his catalog back. And how did you happen to meet him? Part of the record store gig? Inquiring minds wanna know
We service our unit here too. Now that I am older, I don't want to have the furnace go out when it's zero!
Exactly!!
No one usually shows up on time anymore and customer service is out the window. You must have found the one entity left haha.
I've gotten two reminder emails from my furnace company. I really should call them before it's spring.
Sorry, I didn't see him on Colbert. I'm never up that late. I really should start recording it.
I met Fogarty when I was still in record retail, in Cleveland, backstage after a show. I wrote up the whole experience in this blog post:
https://darwinfish2.blogspot.com/2010/03/brushes-part-5.html
In the early days of the blog, I wrote up my encounters with all the rock and blues stars I met during my time in the business. (from record store clerk, to manager, to office worker) in a series of posts. You'll note that this is Part 5, in which Lynyrd Skynyrd and Bonnie Raitt are also included. The other top shelf posts are parts 2, 6, 7, 8, and 10. (They all appear consecutively, more or less, so you could roll through them easily to see who piques your interest.)
Thx. I've got some reading to do!! I lived in Cleveland when WMMS was huge. All good music came to town. I guess I found you on blogger later. C'ya,gotta go reading
Perhaps you should. 😁
Julie you are correct! What happened to your blog?
I made it private I thought I had sent you an invite
Post a Comment