Wednesday, August 6, 2025

Crime Shows in the Car

 I have shared with you many times about my love of crime shows like Dateline, 48 Hours, 20/20, and the like. I especially like Dateline. 
Knowing that about me, imagine my surprise when I saw this was on Sirius radio. How did I not know this?

I got in my car to go to the eye center last week. It appeared that Rick changed the #7 channel to Hair Nation.  yuk. #7 was a NYY station.
So as I get a slowdown on the highway, I begin to look for my channel, and on the way there, I come across Dateline.
Yes, the Dateline on TV.

To say I was thrilled to listen to this for my hour drive is an understatement.
By the time I got to the Eye Center, I didn't want to get out because I wasn't sure of the killer yet.  Damn it, I had to get out of the car.  So I will never know.  

But on the way home, I listened to another story.
I wanted to ask Rick why he didn't use a channel number that was unused instead of deleting mine. But once inside, I forgot all about it.

Then this morning, Rick had to have an Echo test.  
He got into the car, and Dateline was on.  
He texted me when he arrived and said, "Really?  Even in the car?"
I knew immediately what he meant.  I just sent him back a smiley face.  What can I say?  I'm addicted to Keith Morrison and Dateline. 

When Rick got home, he told me he hated to admit it, but it was nice listening to ole Keith on the radio, and he added, I also knew it was the neighbor who killed her.  
Oh, that made me chuckle.  

I think I have created a monster because now I find him watching Dateline when he can't find anything else.  

22 comments:

Abby said...

Okay, first of all, Hair Nation?
I enjoy listening to true crime - Dateline or anything else - while I'm putzing about the house. Seems weird to like these stories, but I know I'm not the only one!

Mike said...

It seems like Dateline and 48 Hours are available 24/7. The first thing I ask Claudia is, "Have you seen this one?" If the answer is yes but I don't remember who did it, we'll watch it again.

BootsandBraids said...

"Really? Even in the car?" 🤣 I listen to the country music station, but now I have to check to see if I too can get Dateline on the car radio.

Paula C said...

My husband hates what he calls killer shows. I just love watching them. Today was the pitchfork killing. He will go outside if I start watching one.

Kathy G said...

I'm thrilled to hear that you found another way to get your crime show fix in. They are way down on my list of favorites, but that's why there's dozens (hundreds?) of channels.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

The spouse/partner did it!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

If you have Sirius in the car its Chanel 107! Enjoy🙂

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Well, thats one way of getting him to leave. Haha🤣

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Kathy, driving to the shore this weekend Vguess what I'm listening to on that drive?😉

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Yep Hair bands from the 80s. I don't get it either.
And you aren't alone! I used to clean to music blaring, now its Dateline

Julie H said...

I listen to crime podcasts in the car/at work/doing dishes/making dinner lol

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

We should know how to hide the body by now

Ami said...

Same meter as Riders On The Storm... Crime Shows In The Car. Also, coincidentally, the same as Butthairs On The Soap. (remember that?)

Which one would you rather sing aloud in the shower?

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Riders on the Storm

Barbara said...

When I was a working person I rented Books on CDs from the library and listened on my way to and from work. Before I discovered this little stress reliever I was a maniac fighting the Houston traffice. Afterwards, like you, didn't want to get out of the car when I got to the office.

Cop Car said...

In my car: silence, NPR radio (but I tend to pay so much attention that I fail to navigate), or flash drive of my golden oldies (1945-1985). With the music I am usually whistling or, less frequently, singing. Fortunately, being unable to sing doesn’t get one a traffic citation.

Mr. Shife said...

Dateline for the win!! Here's to many more car rides as amateur detectives, and to those satisfying moments when Rick admits he is hooked too.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Barbara, I've only done 2 books on tape. Both a disaster. One made me laugh and I couldn't drive. The 2nd made me want to sleep. Not good while driving.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Cop, I can't whistle but I do sing when alone. Don't want to hurt others😀

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

😂 thx

Haddock said...

I didn't want to get out of the car ........ something that I do at times as I want to finish listening to that song (don't like to leave it half way)

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Haddock, I do this with music too!😀