Wednesday, June 4, 2025

Printers

I have been having printer issues.
I spent so much of my day downloading drivers, firmware, and updates.
I don't know what the hell I'm doing, but trying it all. Rick is of no help with technology. He can build a desk for your computer, just don't ask him how to use the computer. 

I began to walk through steps I found online.
It told me to pull up MS Word. I thought this was stupid but I did it. 
I attempted to print something - no go.
Back to the drawing board.

Then it suddenly printed out something from Word. I touched NOTHING.
I picked it up off the printer. 
It was a blog post from 2009, and it made me laugh. 
I remembered this. That in and of itself is amazing for me to remember.

I read it to Rick, and he said, "I remember that conversation." 

So I am reposting - nothing has changed or improved.
But seriously how did this friggin' print? 
It was not open in MS Word!

Insert Twilight Zone music here
Poltergists...again?

_____________________________________________________

Thursday, January 8, 2009

HUH? 

I have seen the future and it’s really both sad and funny.

We were watching TV last night and saw a man at a cotillion, and he was sipping his punch with his pinkie in the air, and they made fun of him. 
That reminded me of something I had just seen on another show during our vacation. It was Miss Manners, along with the British Miss Manners, saying that raising your pinkie while drinking is considered poor etiquette.
So, upon seeing this scene on TV, I immediately said to my husband…..

"You know that raising your pinkie is considered poor etiquette? "

(chuckling) "Raising your pee pee is considered poor etiquette? Since when is a boner poor etiquette? Well, in public I suppose….. "

laughter.

"How the hell did you come up with a boner? 
Who said anything about a boner?
God, you’re a pig! "

"You said it first. You just said raising your pee-pee is poor etiquette. "

"No, I didn’t! What the hell are you talking about, Rick? "

Laughing through tears now, he says….

"Margaret, you just said that raising your pee pee is poor etiquette - why did you say that then? "

Now realizing that he didn’t hear this correctly, I too am laughing.

"Are we going to be like this as we get older and really can’t hear? "

So very loudly I say….
"I SAID THAT RAISING YOUR PINKIE IS CONSIDERED POOR ETIQUETTE!"

"Oh. Well, okay, but why did you bring that up? "

Ah, shit I give up!


9 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Being printed without request or command -- behold the power of the pinkie pee-pee!

Kathy G said...

What a crazy thing to happen!

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Or, it's my life, the sitcom

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Hmm,is that why?!

Mike said...

WELL?! Is a boner poor etiquette or not? You two never came up with an answer.

Barbara said...

So funny. I love it.

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

According to Miss Manners Mike it is poor etiquette.😇

Margaret (Peggy or Peg too) said...

Barbara, the funny of old age


Julie H said...

haha Scott gets so mad when I tell him he needs a hearing aid.