Have you ever laughed so hard that you can't breathe?
Well, the Big Guy and I did that very thing yesterday.
We have these zero-gravity chairs that we like for the beach, etc.
Yesterday afternoon, in the 'feels like' 105 heat, my husband wanted to clean the chairs up. We got them out of storage because he thought we'd take them to the beach. I told him the resort would have chairs. Goofball.
Apparently, the chairs sitting there were a task he felt he had to tackle.
Of course not one task on his honey-do list.
I saw Rick on the patio trying to unfold them. A 3-way fold, shall we say.
Well, I saw him struggling and, assuming this was an issue with his left hand from the stroke, I went out to assist. I tried and I couldn't do it.
Rick asked if I had a stroke. We both laughed.
Now I have one of the chairs as he is working on the other chair.
I am not looking at him. I am focused on this damn chair.
He asks, Hey, can you pull this for me. (and he laughed).
Oh, not now, mister! I turned around, fearing what the hell he was asking me to pull the dirty old man, but it was a leg of the chair. Oops. :-)
I did pull as hard as I could to the point I fell on my backside.
Of course, that freaked Rick out because of my back. I told him I was fine.
So we tried again and again, and we just started laughing until we couldn't breathe. We tried every which way we could. We are both on the floor rolling around, and I admit I was howling. I may have peed a little.
Honestly, Rick's comments during this only made it funnier.
My neighbor, who cuts through our yard and down our driveway to get to her brothers, heard us.
She thought we were hurt. She came around the garage and saw us on the floor. She thought we were laughing, but wasn't sure. She came onto the patio and said, "You two okay?" That only made us laugh harder.
We told her we were fine. Told her what we were trying to do. She thought we were fighting or hurt. She wasn't sure what she was hearing.
Just snorts, laughter, a bit of howling, a scream, and more laughing.
Then she said, "Oh, is that a zero gravity chair? I've always wanted one. May I try sitting in it?"
Rick smirks and hands her the one he was trying to undo.
She unfolded it like that! Holy shit she did not just do that. Rick said, "Sharon, I've had a stroke, and as he pointed to me, he says, I don't know what her problem is"
How long does he get to use this excuse? They thought it was funny.
The chairs are now folded back up and leaning against my potting table. Will we ever be able to unfold them again? Who the hell knows?
But I'll tell you we haven't had a laugh like that for a long, long time.
In other news....
I tried to show you a video of this, but I'll tell you instead.
I really liked some things about the protests, aside from the protests themselves. The signs were clever and smart. But then those people read books.
I absolutely LOVED that the Canadian National Anthem was played on huge speakers outside of the white house for most of the duration of his "parade." I also loved how giddy the man was in the video.
Friday, I'll post some signs that made me chuckle.
14 comments:
I can picture you two laughing so much it hurts and rolling around. And then your neighbor came over and set up the chair easy peasy. That would make a great video!
Yes, Terra, Rick said if we saw this on social media we'd laugh too.
We've had a couple of zero gravity chairs in the past. I got in one and went, nope nope nope.
I got a joke for Saturday from the last guy.
You're welcome Mike. 😃
Haha. Made me want to pee just reading about it.
It does the body good to laugh like that every once in a while!
🙂
Yes and it feels good
Sometimes those chairs are out to get you. Loved that last video.
I think I have mentioned before that you and Rick remind me of the good times with my ex. Unfortunately, the bad times overtook the good and we parted. But the thing I really miss the most is just what you described - we used to laugh until we cried, often. Thanks for reminding me of the good times.
Nina
I haven't laughed like that in awhile! Funny she just unfolded it!
me too. The first one of the song I used to really like just new words.
Nina, I'm glad that brought back fond memories. People always ask me the secret to our marriage. Do not think there is one. But laughter is a huge part of it. He teases me unmercilessly, but he's usually funny about it and while I hate it I laugh too. I know I'm weird
Julie, it is funny. The look on our faces must have been priceless. Honest to God we were working on this for a very long time! We are pathetic aren't we?
Post a Comment